Quality Assurance Specialist in Social Care
4 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for QA Specialist experienced in HIQA and Healthcare Act 2007 who would establish QA function, policy design & development and lead organizational change within kids residential care business operating in tandem with TUSLA.
Exciting opportunity to take up a lead role in HIQA Compliance QA and Risk Management position. This arose as a result of the introduction of the QA department function within the business.
My client is a provider of residential care for underage children, looking to appoint a QA Specialist (social care) to oversee the QA function of the business, due to rapid expansion in the service requirement. The role would involve overseeing the design and implementation of policies across 17 centers nationwide involving 300 staff.
Reporting direct to executive management we are looking for an individual with excellent knowledge of HIQA Quality standards. Combination of regulatory (HIQA) and leadership track record or experience to show for these. You will need to engage with unit managers to ensure compliance, to implement (and transmit) any regulatory changes into the operational aspect of the company. As changes occur you would also need to adjust policies and procedures.
Responsibilities Within the Job
- Monitor quality of care using judgment framework as per regulation of health and social care service and the national standards for children's residential centers.
- Support all relevant parties in suggesting appropriate solutions to compliance challenges and potential risks.
- Evaluate current and potential risks through risk reporting.
- Aid in developing audits and risk analysis procedures, ensuring these are compliant to HIQA.
- Prepare policies, standards, and guidance support ensuring compliance to regulatory, governmental and HIQA frameworks.
- Act as an advisor to risk committee on most optimal design to all relevant aspects of the business.
- Act as a representative to external agencies.
Requirements of the Job
- Knowledge of health care act 2007
- Understand the relevant legislation under which the private residential care is regulated.
- Working knowledge of Authority monitoring Approach methods applied by HIQA (Health Information and Quality Authority).
- Prior experience within care oriented environment (need not need to be a role involved in the direct provision of care).
- Understand of care delivery challenges associated with children and also those children having challenging behaviors (ideally), however not a hard requirement. Individuals may have experience in areas of work-oriented to care provision to elderly or disabled, instead.
- Experience of QA based regulation in the above-related sector, or roles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- People management experience.
- Experience of policy design and development and leading organizational change or transformation.
Salary is flexible in this job for the right candidate and can be negotiated. There are two main offices, in Dublin South and Cork. Predominantly based in Dublin South, we will consider permanent placements in Cork office for the right candidate. Company car, travel expenses, bonus structure and pension are inclusive alongside the basic salary.
Please apply below, or if you are working in a similar environment and are not sure you meet the requirements you can still apply and I will arrange a call to discuss. You can also email me to Andrius at sigmar.ie or call me at 014744692
Apply for Quality Assurance Specialist in Social Care
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly