Financial Accountant (Full-time, Permanent Contract)
The Financial Accountant will be a fully qualified accountant and is responsible for running the Finance function within the Commission as well as providing financial support to all divisions of the Commission as required. This position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity for personal and career development within the organisation and the wider public sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculation and collection of Levy, issue all invoices, record and reconcile same
- Pay all invoices, expenses etc. record and reconcile same
- Creditor and Debtor management
- Run payroll on time and correctly each fortnight
- Run budget process
- Prepare and file all tax returns correctly and on time during the year
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Prepare monthly management accounts for submission to management
- Prepare Draft Financial Statements for the Commission and the Travellers Protection Fund
- Liaise with C&AG for audit of both Financial Statements and ensure they are audited and signed and submitted to Houses of Oireachtas before 30th June
- Liaise with Internal Auditors
- Performing as Secretariat for Audit and Risk Committee
- Analysis of Financial Statements for Ground handling and Air Carrier Licensing in a timely fashion
- Attending meetings with Ground handling and Air Carrier Licensee’s on request, to discuss various financial issues
- Analysis of Financial Statements for Travel Agents/Tour Operator Licensing in a timely fashion
- Attending meetings with Travel Trade Licensee’s on request, to discuss various financial issues
- Assisting with ensuring compliance with the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies 2016
- Overall, to run the Finance function efficiently and to meet all deadlines as they fall due
The position is a permanent contract and salary is based on the first point of the AP scale currently €66,495 per annum rising in annual increments to €82,300.
For a full description and criteria see www.aviationreg.ie
An application consisting of a CV and letter of motivation should be submitted no later than 3pm on Friday the 1st March 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below.
3rd Floor, Alexandra House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773.
Tel: +353 1 6611700 Fax: +353 1 6611269 Email: email@example.com