Grid Connection Manager
Coillte is a profitable, commercial semi-state company which comprises three main businesses: Forestry, Land Solutions and Medite Smartply. Headquartered in Newtownmountkennedy, Co. Wicklow, Coillte has responsibility for 7% of Ireland’s land which amounts to 440,000 Hectares. Building upon its three main business areas, the company has embarked on an ambitious strategy development program which will deliver significant benefits for Ireland.
Coillte’s Land Solutions division is primarily focused on developing an active portfolio of commercial assets that enable strategic developments in areas such as renewable energy, tourism, residential property and infrastructure. In 2018, Coillte sold its operating wind farm assets to Greencoat Renewables plc for an Enterprise Value of €281M. The company has just announced that it is engaged in discussions with the ESB which, if successful, would lead to the establishment of a new joint venture development company to deliver 1,000 MW of renewable energy by 2030.
Grid Connection Manager:
To support its continued development, Coillte Land Solutions division is seeking to appoint a Grid Connection Manager. The appointed person will have primary technical and commercial responsibility on all grid connection related matters across the full portfolio of Coillte’s renewable energy projects (onshore wind, solar, battery). The Grid Connection Manager will also be responsible for generating best-in-class commercial propositions for all grid solutions across entire project life-cycles (development, delivery and operations).
The appointed person will have a significant track record in Grid Connection projects that will ideally include exposure to the renewable energy sector.
- Support all grid related technical and commercialisation requirements for renewable energy projects (including project financing and related modelling support), from concept stage to delivery.
- Develop and maintain project grid connection feasibility strategies, budgets and programmes, (to include procurement and construction strategies)
- Manage the relevant System Operator process to secure grid capacity for new projects
- Develop grid connection synergies within the portfolio of projects
- Manage and scope the outsourcing of technical studies
- Oversee renewable energy facility construction, commissioning and grid code compliance process in conjunction with the network operator and project consultants
- Develop innovative Electrical Balance of Plant (EBOP) solutions for the delivery of renewable energy projects in a future competitive market environment
- Take a lead role in renewable energy grid connection policy development, on behalf of Coillte, including representation on Industry bodies and developing responses to Industry consultations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Third level qualification in Electrical Engineering, to HETAC Level 8 or equivalent
- Expert Knowledge of Power Systems design
- Experience in large scale infrastructure project delivery environment, ideally including onshore wind.
- Experience in interfacing with Transmission System Operator/Distribution System Operator (TSO/DSO) and negotiating on both technical and contractual issues
- Strong Track record in end-to-end delivery of grid connection project components from design through to commissioning and compliance/operations
- Good Understanding of Policy development in the area of power systems regulation and design (including Ancillary Services), and the ability to interface with key Stakeholders;
- Excellent written, advocacy and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and matrix-type organisational structures
- Experience of managing diverse stakeholders/service providers/partners
JOB LOCATION: Newtownmountkennedy, Co. Wicklow
To apply, please email a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to: Luke.Freeley@lansdownesearch.ie
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Monday, 4th March, 2019.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Luke Freeley: +353 1 534 5115
Candidates for this post will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes