Director of Development
Director of Development – Cork ARC
Cork ARC was established to provide a holistic centre in which people with cancer and their families can find emotional support, practical help and trust. Our aim is to provide therapies that complement the medical model and adhere to best practice, so as to make a difference to the lives of those affected by cancer.
Cork ARC are now embarking on an ambitious capital project to refurbish a newly purchased premises in Cork, to develop it into the new headquarters for the organisation from where significantly expanded services will be delivered.
The organisation is therefore seeking to develop its fundraising operations, with a particular emphasis on corporate and major donors, with the appointment of a director of development who will have relevant experience at a senior level in fundraising and business development.
We are now seeking a highly motivated, target driven and ambitious Director of Development to join our team.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join our organisation at an exciting and important time in Cork ARC’s development and to grow its fundraising income. It is the perfect role for a determined, focused self-starter who wants to prove themselves in a senior management role as part of a very dynamic team.
In order to succeed in this role, you will possess the following:
- Proven experience of plus developing & implementing fundraising plans through a number of income streams with a track record of delivering results
- Demonstrable experience of executing a Capital Appeal.
- Experience of developing and nurturing new Corporate and Major Donor relationships
- Strong networking, relationship building and diplomacy skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills to deliver fundraising pitches, information and project updates to a range of audiences in a clear, inspiring and confident way
- Ability to identify opportunities and successfully negotiate with external parties to develop relationships in order to achieve results within a fundraising, marketing or sales environment
- Managing and motivating a team to ensure they reach their maximum potential.
If you have a track record of successful Corporate and Major Gift fundraising, identifying and researching potential funding opportunities, and cultivating donors, we want to hear from you!
The recruitment campaign for the role of Director of Development is being managed exclusively on behalf of Cork ARC by specialist recruitment consultancy Charity Careers Ireland.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the full job description and information pack prior to making your application.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday, 15th February 2019