Chief Operations Officer
CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
The Construction Industry Federation (CIF), is the voice of the construction sector in Ireland. It represents 1,350 employers and comprises 33 constituent Associations, representing various sectors of the industry. It operates 13 branches around the country and provides a wide range of advisory and advocacy services through a team of dedicated professionals. The CIF supports the growth and development of large, small and medium sized construction companies through understanding its members’ challenges and opportunities and responding proactively to their needs.
The current Chief Operations Officer (COO) will retire in 2019 and the CIF wishes to appoint his successor. Reporting to the Director General (DG), the key responsibilities of the role are to:
- work in close collaboration with the DG for the effective, proactive and comprehensive leadership of the CIF and its group operations;
- lead out on the development and delivery of organisational strategy with the Senior Management Team, ensuring membership engagement and approval;
- develop and implement a membership growth and services strategy for a strong and sustainable organisation into the future;
- facilitate and support the CIF Directors and executive teams to ensure high service levels and optimum networking for members and member groups;
- ensure financial and risk management control with a strong focus on governance;
- act as Secretary to key membership groups and committees.
The ideal candidate should:
- have a Master’s level qualification in management, strategic leadership and/or change management;
- demonstrate a capacity to develop and successfully implement clearly defined deliverables;
- have a proven track record in the hands-on management of operations, enabling and facilitating multidisciplinary teams to deliver service excellence;
- be an effective leader, enabler and developer of teams through an authentic and open communication style;
- demonstrate the ability to develop and nurture relationships across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in a multi-layered organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a pivotal leadership role in an evolving and nationally important organisation and to contribute to the on-going strategic development of the organisation and member services.
For a confidential discussion please contact Ellen Roche 01-7926703 or Caroline Matthews 01-7928327. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com on or before 28th February 2019.
Apply for Chief Operations Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly