Our client is a new philanthropic foundation engaged in a landmark capital development project in Dublin, Ireland. The Project is the most ambitious single philanthropic project ever undertaken in Ireland and will provide long lasting benefits to its people.
Based in either Dublin or London, the Executive Director will be responsible for planning, organising and implementing a vigorous international capital fundraising campaign. S/he will report to the Board and work closely with its volunteers to raise major gifts from high level donors.
- Strategise and direct all fundraising activities. The Executive Director will lead the foundation in the setting of plans, policies and procedures that support both the capital campaign and provide a platform for future fundraising.
- Proactively take the lead in prospect identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation drawing in part from personal knowledge of the philanthropic community. Supporting, when required, donor meetings and solicitations of the Board and volunteers.
- Communicate the goals, progress and success of the campaign to various constituencies; managing the production of capital campaign collateral materials and coordinating public relations.
- Develop systems for prospect and donor record keeping and reporting; manage campaign record keeping, evaluating progress towards the goal. Prepare regular reports on fundraising for the Board and recommend revisions to the fundraising plan, as needed, to meet goals.
- Manage donor relations, ensuring donor acknowledgement, stewardship and public recognition, as appropriate. Conclude donations and managing the drawdown of funds
- Ensure that capital campaign efforts are transparent, operating according to Irish regulatory standards and international fundraising best practice.
This is a visionary and ambitious project, requiring someone with the acumen, fundraising and relationship skills to deliver a landmark campaign. Suitable candidates will hold multimillion capital fundraising track records for either philanthropy or business. The new Executive Director will have a proven ability to convert relationships at the highest level into support.
The successful candidate will have exceptional drive, self-direction and the ability to shape a campaign from new.
- 10+ years of professional experience in fundraising with a track record of success, with specific experience in capital fundraising or major gifts;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in managing campaign budgets;
- Demonstrated experience in producing campaign materials;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills, capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, consultants and donors/prospects;
- Energetic, self‐ motivated, professional, flexible and adaptable with a sense of humour, able to multi‐task and work independently in a hands-on work environment
- Engaged in philanthropy as either a fundraiser, donor or volunteer.
- Understanding of good governance and commitment to fundraising best practice.
- High-levels of personal and professional resilience, honesty, integrity and courage.
Apply for Executive Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly