Site Operations Director (Medical Device)
Sigmar Recruitment have an exceptionally rare opportunity for an experienced Site Operations Director to work with our aggressively expanding medical device client in Cork. This is a permanent role offering a highly competitive salary and benefits package, as well as genuine opportunity for career progression.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the direction, strategy, planning and execution across my client’s Irish site. You will take overall responsibility for manufacturing and site operations whilst liaising closely with other departments (IT, Finance, Quality, HR, Facilities, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have extensive leadership and people management skills developed from working in manufacturing/ production operations environments within the medical device/ pharmaceutical industry. You will have proven experience implementing lean manufacturing methods, process improvement and operational excellence initiatives. We are also looking for candidates to have strong experience/ knowledge of modern production planning processes, financial planning, budget control and cost reduction.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support management of production plans, strategies and objectives in order to ensure that people, infrastructure and equipment performance correspond to the current and future business needs.
- Facilitate and support the management of New Product Introduction including market introduction, scale, cost, quality, etc.
- Provide strategic and accurate technical guidance to the direct and wider team
- Take responsibility for the direction of multiple product lines through their value streams
- Develop, coach and mentor staff – set specific team/ individual goals as required
- Drive a culture of compliance through best practice
- Understand, adhere to and enforce FDA, GMO and ISO requirements
- Consistently evaluate productivity and continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Operations or equivalent
- MBA desirable or equivalent cross-functional business experience
- Extensive experience in medical device industry with knowledge and experience in the conception of manufacturing operations
- 10+ years proven experience working within manufacturing and operations
- Minimum of 5 years people management experience within a regulated manufacturing environment
- Solid experience and in-depth knowledge of the following:
- Materials management
- Management of agreements
- Lean Production
- Continuous improvement
- Management of cost reduction programs
If this sounds like the role for you, call Rebecca on 021-4847137 or email your CV direct to email@example.com, TODAY!