Senior Civil Engineers
With more than 14,000 specialists, working across 90+ disciplines in more than 34 countries, Arup is one of the leading advisory and consulting services companies for the built environment. We offer clients knowledge and creative thinking, helping them use data to improve their performance and better manage their assets. We shape a better world. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities and regions.
Arup is one of Ireland leading consultancies employing in excess of 550 people. We are a fast growing and progressive organisation operating within all of the mainstream engineering disciplines. The stability and growth of the company has attracted the very best professionals with the promise of progressing and expanding their careers. We are a global organisation with a commitment to sharing knowledge and skills across our global community.
We are currently recruiting for Senior Engineers -Civil for our Dublin and Cork offices. We also have smaller offices in Limerick and Galway. The ideal candidate will be looking to further their career and gain invaluable experience within a friendly and diverse working environment. We are looking for people that can work across our Transport Sector with expertise in Highways, Rail, Maritime or Aviation. We also have opportunities for the Energy and Water Sectors.
- Undertaking civil engineering design, review and project management for a wide range of projects including site development, highways, water, energy and flood relief schemes and other civil infrastructure.
- Commercial delivery of a range of projects ensuring timeframes and budgets are met
- Provision of specialist design and reporting expertise within a multi-disciplinary office
- Supervision and development of junior staff
- Management of client relationships on allocated projects both internal and external
- Conducting site inspections and works supervision
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 8-10 years post-qualification experience, most of which will be in design gained within a consultancy environment
- Experience in the design of site development works, earthworks, road design, drainage and utilities
- Proven team player
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with local and central government approval and regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical skills to develop effective, innovative and commercial solutions
- A commitment to self-improvement and continuing professional development
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to develop, maintain and enhance client relationships
We are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week including flexible start/finish times, planned working from home and offer the ability to purchase additional leave. We offer flexible Friday scheme during the summer months.
We offer a generous reward package which includes salary, benefits and twice annual profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are also a certified CPD employer with Engineers Ireland. In 2016, we received the Business Working Responsibly Mark from Business in the Community Ireland, recognising our sustainable business practices.