Chief Executive Officer
Charities Institute Ireland (Cii) is the leading representative body for charities and not-for-profit organisations in Ireland. Cii’s objectives are:
- To develop a strong public voice for charities
- To increase awareness of the value delivered to society by charities
- To advocate for a better philanthropic environment in the country to enable charities
- To develop the sector through excellent training in fundraising governance and financial reporting in order to improve standards.
Cii is currently at an exciting stage in its development and the Board is seeking an exceptional candidate to undertake the position of CEO.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the organisation, developing and implementing the strategic plan, and increasing impact and reach through effective marketing, networking and business development activities.
Cii is looking to appoint a leader who is:
- A great networker who can raise Cii’s profile nationally
- A fantastic ambassador for the organisation and its values
- Excellent at leading and developing a dedicated, ambitious staff team
- A strategic thinker who can work collaboratively with our Board and other stakeholders to realise Cii’s vision
- Highly organised and self-motivated
This role is ideal for someone who loves a fast-paced environment and a wide, varied remit. You will have the confidence and enthusiasm to manage a range of different internal and external relationships. Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate genuine engagement and passion with the work of Cii and the wider not-for-profit sector. To succeed in this role, you will be entrepreneurial, ambitious and strategic. An understanding and demonstrated interest in the not-for-profit sector and/or membership organisations would be a distinct advantage but direct sector experience is not essential.
If you’re a positive, strategic, engaging professional with a strong work ethic and the ability to network and represent at the highest levels with a variety of stakeholders, this could be the role for you!
The recruitment campaign for the role of CEO is being managed exclusively on behalf of Cii by not-for-profit specialist recruitment consultancy Charity Careers Ireland.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the full job description and information pack prior to making your application.
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday, 14th January 2019