Digital Insight Project Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
With more than 14,000 specialists, working across 90+ disciplines in more than 34 countries, Arup is one of the leading advisory and consulting services companies for the built environment. We offer clients knowledge and creative thinking, helping them use data to improve their performance and better manage their assets. We shape a better world. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities and regions.
Digital Services is a multi-disciplinary team brining together specialist skills in people, processes, engineering and technology to deliver excellence to our clients through innovative combinations of technology, people and business processes.
At Digital Services in Arup, the Digital Insight team provides data analysis, data integration and visualisation services as part of the delivery of advisory services to both external clients and other Arup groups in the built environment sector. The focus is on enabling technical and business insights to be drawn from analysing different data sets using a variety of techniques including artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Within Digital Services the Insight team includes a mix of data scientists, analysts and online dashboard designers, all experienced in designing and interpreting data sets. We are based in Dublin, Ireland with clients and projects throughout Europe.
We place a strong emphasis on ensuring that our service offerings are based on business needs and evidence-based benefits and tailored to meet the specific needs of the range of clients that we work with. We are driven to make a difference in what we do and encourage creativity and innovation across the team to create the very best solutions for our clients
Working with a range of Arup disciplines and external clients, this role is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced software project manager with experience in the data analysis and visualisation areas as well as team leadership experience in a business environment.
The ideal candidate is experienced in delivering software projects that either involve data analysis, data visualisation or data integration
Project and team leadership experience is important in ensuring that the Insight team in planning and delivering project workeffectively.
They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working witha wide range of stakeholders and functional teams within Arup. The ideal candidate will work with stakeholders in Digital Services and other Arup groups to identify opportunities where data integration,artificial intelligence, data analysis methods and the innovative presentation of results can provide added value delivering services to clients.
The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
- 3-5 years of post-qualification experience delivering software projects and holds at least a Master’s level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent Software Engineering field quantitative field
- 3-5 years of software project management experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in team leadership responsibilities
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product and service development, particularly using web and cloud-based technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Willingness to travel internationally on assignment
While not essential, it would be desirable to have;
- Experience working with creating data architectures
- Experience using statistical computer languages (SQL,k Python,RSQ,
- etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms
- and statistics: regression, simulation, s, scenario analysis, modelling,
- clustering, decision trees, neural networks
We offer a generous reward package which includes salary, benefits and twice annual profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are also a certified CPD employer with Engineers Ireland. In 2016, we received the Business Working Responsibly Mark from Business in the Community Ireland, recognising our sustainable business practices.