Senior Traffic Engineer/Transport Planner
1 day left
- Full Time
With more than 14,000 specialists, working across 90+ disciplines in more than 34 countries, Arup is one of the leading advisory and consulting services companies for the built environment. We offer clients knowledge and creative thinking, helping them use data to improve their performance and better manage their assets. We shape a better world. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities and regions.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways - engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world.
The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs over 14,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration. Arup is rising to the challenges created by the ever-changing environment by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We provide a full range of multidisciplinary engineering services from our offices in Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway. We have built a reputation for unrivalled local expertise and knowledge.
Senior Traffic Engineer/Transport Planner
We are seeking suitably qualified personnel for a wide range of challenging transportation projects in our Dublin Office on Ringsend Road. The successful candidate will have a Level 8 Engineering degree (or equivalent) and have obtained Chartered status or working to achieve this status. They will have proven design and project management experience having delivered urban street projects, through all project stages from planning through to delivery on site.
Introduction to Arup’s Transportation Team
The Transportation team provides a mix of Transport Planning and Transport Engineering services to both public and private clients. Our transport planning services include masterplanning services for cities, towns, large scale campuses and new developments feasibility including traffic modelling, traffic impact assessments and mobility management planning. Our transport engineering services include the preliminary and detailed design for urban street projects, including public transport priority schemes, cycle schemes, public ream schemes as well as providing traffic engineering support to major highway schemes.
Our core clients include local authorities, the National Transport Authority and Transport Infrastructure Ireland and the team’s delivery vision is to enhance our urban areas in corporation with our client partners to provide for the sustainable growth in transport.
The successful candidate will need to work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams and have experience with Local Authority/ National Transport Authority design and project management requirements. In addition, experience in some of the following areas would be required:
- Transportation Assessments;
- Development planning;
- Urban Street Design (including a good understanding of the Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets, The Traffic Signs Manual, the National Cycle Manual etc..);
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS);
- Traffic Modelling Software (i.e. LINSIG, Junctions 9, VISSIM, etc..);
- Mobility Management Planning ;
- Masterplan Studies;
- Highway Geometric Design including the Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) Publications (formerly the DMRB);
- Stakeholder Management; and
- Project Presentation
We have a wide range of projects for both public and private clients including:
- MacCurtain Street Public Transport Improvement Scheme;
- Cherrywood Town Centre;
- Limerick Urban Centre Revitalisation (O’Connell Street) Project – LUCROC;
- Point Roundabout Enhancement Scheme;
- Galway City Centre Transport Management Plan; and
- Docklands to City Centre Road Network Improvement scheme.
We anticipate further growth in the delivery of similar urban projects in Ireland following the recent publication of the National Development Plan and the National Planning Framework and the successful candidate will be part of our traffic and transportation team delivering both existing and future street engineering projects as well working been involved in our development and masterplanning business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Act as project manager including liaising with clients and other design teams;
- Be responsible for the delivery of project solutions;
- Manage other staff members with the delivery of design drawings, supporting transportation analysis and the preparation of reports
- Manage sub-consultants and other in-house Arup discipline teams;
- Prepare fee proposals and manage budgets for individual projects;
We offer a generous reward package which includes salary, benefits and twice annual profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are also a certified CPD employer with Engineers Ireland. In 2016, we received the Business Working Responsibly Mark from Business in the Community Ireland, recognising our sustainable business practices.