- Full Time
With more than 14,000 specialists, working across 90+ disciplines in more than 34 countries, Arup is one of the leading advisory and consulting services companies for the built environment. We offer clients knowledge and creative thinking, helping them use data to improve their performance and better manage their assets. We shape a better world. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities and regions.
Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
We shape a better world
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work we make a positive difference in the world.
Arup is recruiting an infrastructure Quantity Surveyor to join the Cost Management Team at our Dublin Office.
Arup provides cost management services for a wide range of projects, including buildings, civil engineering, industrial infrastructure and major highway projects. These specialists are an integral part of the design and project management team on projects of all sizes and levels or complexity. They share the firm’s commitment to sustainable development, project performance and life cycle analysis.
Cost planning and value management include the evaluation of alternative design against the client’s value criteria for function, quality and durability. The evaluation techniques enable the design team to optimise the design to fit within the clients budget.
The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic and flexible and have an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in quantity surveying or construction economics as well as 4 to 6 years experience. Candidates will have experience from a broad range of projects including but not limited to roads, site infrastructure, services and buildings.
Suitable candidates must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- SCSI and/or RICS accredited, surveying based degree
- Professional member of the SCSI and/or the RICS or approaching their APC in which case assistance with completing the APC training will be given
And must have:
- 4 - 6 years’ experience;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office products and construction industry estimating software such as CostOS and CostX;;
- Experienced in managing construction contracts (NEC, Public Works Contracts, FIDIC); and
- Commercially astute with strong numerical skills, demonstrating an attention to detail
Responsibilities will include
- Provision of procurement advice;
- Preparation of cost estimates;
- Preparation of tender and pricing documents;
- Tender assessments and reports;
- Undertaking Project QS role on small to medium sized projects;
- Contract Administration and post-contract role
- Visiting sites and attending meetings;
- Liaison with the design team, client, local approving authorities, contractors and other third parties as required;
- Short-term travel as required; and
- Maintaining quality standards.
We offer a generous reward package which includes salary, benefits and twice annual profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are also a certified CPD employer with Engineers Ireland. In 2016, we received the Business Working Responsibly Mark from Business in the Community Ireland, recognising our sustainable business practices.