Senior Rail Engineer
- Full Time
With more than 14,000 specialists, working across 90+ disciplines in more than 34 countries, Arup is one of the leading advisory and consulting services companies for the built environment. We offer clients knowledge and creative thinking, helping them use data to improve their performance and better manage their assets. We shape a better world. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities and regions.
Arup in Dublin have an expanding portfolio of projects in the rail sector. We are currently recruiting engineers with experience in railway design and permanent way design. The ideal candidates will be looking to further their career and gain invaluable experience on global projects. This is a permanent role and offers long-term opportunities for career development.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Highly competent in engineering of multidisciplinary rail Feasibility, Scheme and Detailed Design projects (including enhancements, remodelling, renewals, depots)
- Prior experience in Design & Build projects, highly competent in requirements management, change management and delivery to programme.
- 10 years+ experience
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Track record and a passion to lead, mentor, motivate and develop the skills of team members at all grades
- Experience in undertaking site surveys / site visits and reporting on asset condition.
- Competent in the production of engineering management control tools and use of technical reporting processes to Senior Management.
- Track record in achieving deadlines
- Competent understanding of the safety process and the interfaces between the design and manufacturing and installation.
- An appropriate HND, university degree or equivalent qualification.
- Member of the ICE, IET or APM or similar and an Incorporated Engineer.
- Chartered or near chartered member of the ICE, IET or APM or similar would be an advantage
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of rail infrastructure for Clients and Contractors
- Reviewing design work of intermediate and junior engineers
- Cost estimating and control
- Training & professional development of junior and intermediate engineers working as part of the group
We are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week including flexible start/finish times, planned working from home and offer the ability to purchase additional leave. We offer flexible Friday scheme during the summer months.
We offer a generous reward package which includes salary, benefits and twice annual profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are also a certified CPD employer with Engineers Ireland. In 2016, we received the Business Working Responsibly Mark from Business in the Community Ireland, recognising our sustainable business practices.