Civil Engineer / Site Infrastructure Engineer
With more than 14,000 specialists, working across 90+ disciplines in more than 34 countries, Arup is one of the leading advisory and consulting services companies for the built environment. We offer clients knowledge and creative thinking, helping them use data to improve their performance and better manage their assets. We shape a better world. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities and regions.
We currently have a requirement for a Civil / Site Infrastructure Engineer to join our Site Infrastructure Group in Cork. Candidates will be looking to gain invaluable experience within an established consultancy with a friendly office environment. This role offers the successful candidate long-term opportunities for career development.
- Working within a multi-discipline team of engineers, technicians and other professionals to develop engineering designs for a variety of large scale industrial and commercial projects from concept to detailed design and construction.
- Responsible for the site infrastructure designs including, site layouts, road layouts, site logistics, drainage designs, cut and fill assessments, electrical ducting infrastructure and drawings to relevant standards..
- Preparation of drainage specifications, providing input to contract documents and supporting the delivery of designs through the construction process.
- Working with sub-consultants such as Topographical surveyors, CCTV surveys and liaison with stakeholders as required.
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or similar.
- In the process of attaining Chartered status
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Technical skills in the design of site infrastructure and general civil engineering projects in particular the design of drainage networks.
- Ability to work within a team to deliver site infrastructure and general civil engineering design tasks from conceptual layout to detailed design and construction.
- Have a working knowledge of 3D design and drawing production software including AutoCAD, Autocad Civil 3D, Revit and Navisworks.
- Ability to prepare reports and specifications.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software particularly MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Proficient in the used of Windes Microdrainage or similar approved drainage design software.
We are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week including flexible start/finish times, planned working from home and offer the ability to purchase additional leave. We offer flexible Friday scheme during the summer months.
We offer a generous reward package which includes salary, benefits and twice annual profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are also a certified CPD employer with Engineers Ireland. In 2016, we received the Business Working Responsibly Mark from Business in the Community Ireland, recognising our sustainable business practices.