Looking for an experienced Engineering Manager for a leading Medical Device company based in Galway.
- Plan, direct and implement all aspects of the company's workshop function and the operational equipment maintenance programme.
- Ensure work is carried out under GMP conditions, in line with site & corporate procedures and in a safe working environment
- Select, evaluate, develop and coach personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Organize the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
- Manage the response to changing operations priorities on projects through effective schedule management.
- Monitor and evaluate actual performance versus plan and determine improvements to drive enhanced execution and department effectiveness.
- Monitor maintenance documentation throughout all phases of site support from new equipment development, equipment changes and commercial support.
- Guide the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products to support the efficient, safe and compliance for equipment maintenance.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement through A3 problem solving methodology and develop lean and six sigma expertise.
- Establishing a best in class system and procedures for maintenance of operations electrical and mechanical equipment building on corrective, preventative plans to create a predictive maintenance strategy.
- Oversee the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies to support the development of the maintenance programme to match industry direction and pace.
- Direct the development of new concepts for process or system improvements from initial design to implementation and sustaining.
- Develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems complying with external and internal regulatory requirements by ensuring that proper documentation such as manufacturing PM’s and tech drawings specifications / procedures are in place and applied.
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering, Technical/Science or related discipline
- 7-10 years of direct engineering/manufacturing relevant experience
- Minimum 4-6 years previous experience in a people management position.
- Proven ability to deliver technical projects on time, ability to deal with and manage change, effectively handle multiple priorities, while adopting an organized approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization is desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both written and spoken.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 091 455 300 for more information.