Product Compliance Manager
Product Compliance Manager
Glanbia Ireland is a world class, ambitious, integrated agri-food and nutrition business, with a diverse portfolio of quality ingredients, leading consumer and agri brands with the proven talent to succeed in the global market.
Glanbia Ireland owns leading consumer and agri brands such as Avonmore, Kilmeaden Cheese, Premier Milk, Wexford, mymilkman.ie and GAIN Animal Nutrition. It processes a 2.6 billion litre milk pool from 21 counties and exports high quality dairy and agri ingredients as well as branded products to over 60 countries.
With annual revenue of €1.8 billion, Glanbia Ireland has 11 processing plants, 53 agri branches and over 1,800 employees.
The primary functions of this role will be to:
The Product Compliance Manager reports to the Head of Regulatory and Scientific Affairs. This role will have oversight of product compliance across the GI business, including product specifications and finished product labeling. Responsible for providing technical advice on all information to consumers and the management of processes to ensure compliance of those. The role will handle all customer technical and specification queries across all products, both manufactured internally and co manufactured. The Product Compliance Manager will ensure regulatory / customer requirements are maintained current across all operational markets & maintain a risk register on the same.
- Play a key role in developing and managing the company’s Product compliance strategy, across all products (Food & Feed) with oversight for functional / performance related claims on inputs.
- Stay abreast and fully in line with product compliance regulatory requirements, customer specific requirements and target market national labelling schemes (e.g. Non GM, VLOG etc..)
- Attend appropriate forums with external bodies and work closely to understand standards and requirements to meet product compliance regulations
- Ensure labeling & finished product specification compliance (Food, Feed), collaborate with Quality Ops to ensure a review program is in place
- Manages the handover of NPD / Innovation from pilot into scale up production
- Manage the function processing all customer technical queries, product specification requests for all categories
- Collaborate with relevant functions to ensure all key internal standards, policies and procedures are in place; define and oversee a process of a periodic review of those
- Ensure analytical & digital capabilities of the company are leveraged (e.g., Intelex, Ariba) to allow for efficient management of all raw material, finished product and packaging specifications. (including approvals, versioning, risk assessments, limits of application etc..)
- In addition to labelling, other product information to customers, print, media, online where claims or functionality is represented to the consumer. These must be approved by product compliance.
- Manage the process for feed labeling review and authorisation including conditions where these changes can be automated v conditions where authorisation of label change is necessary.
- Maintain oversight of regulatory compliance within Glanbia branded products or services offered within the Agri Category and also provide regulatory oversight of farm input changes.
- Significant experience in agricultural, food & dairy industries
- Experienced in areas of product compliance, specification management and customer interface on technical queries.
- Track Record in label and point of sale compliance & signoff.
Glanbia Ireland is a joint venture 60% owned by Glanbia Co-op and 40% owned by Glanbia plc. Established in July 2017, it combines Glanbia Ingredients Ireland, Glanbia Consumer Products and Glanbia Agribusiness.