Glanbia Ireland is a world class, ambitious, integrated agri-food and nutrition business, with a diverse portfolio of quality ingredients, leading consumer and agri brands with the proven talent to succeed in the global market.
Glanbia Ireland owns leading consumer and agri brands such as Avonmore, Kilmeaden Cheese, Premier Milk, Wexford, mymilkman.ie and GAIN Animal Nutrition. It processes a 2.6 billion litre milk pool from 21 counties and exports high quality dairy and agri ingredients as well as branded products to over 60 countries.
The Communications Manager reports to the Glanbia Ireland Corporate Affairs Director, who is responsible for effective communications and issues management for Glanbia Ireland.
The Communications Manager role will support the delivery of Glanbia Ireland’s communications and reputation strategy across key stakeholders including farmers, customers and the media.
The primary functions of this role will be to:
- Ensure delivery of Glanbia Ireland’s corporate affairs agenda to build and sustain its reputation in its major markets and with its critical stakeholders and influencers;
- Create an effective communication plan and provide content for various communication vehicles, including written materials, electronic communications, presentations and events;
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure emerging issues are understood and addressed in a timely and efficient manner;
- Coach and support business leaders in the development and delivery of communications;
- Assist in media relations across the agricultural and local sector in Ireland.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, ideally with some experience in communicating with farmers;
- Clear track record of leadership and delivery in a relevant area including communications/journalism/publishing/marketing with at least 5 years’ experience;
- Digital media skills including social media account management, e-zines, video etc;
- Strong knowledge of technical, policy and economic issues in agriculture;
- Energetic self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to work well as part of a team.
Glanbia Ireland is a joint venture 60% owned by Glanbia Co-op and 40% owned by Glanbia plc. Established in July 2017, it combines Glanbia Ingredients Ireland, Glanbia Consumer Products and Glanbia Agribusiness.