Kppm have a fantastic career opportunity for an Operations Manager with our client a leading Irish/International construction company for their Interiors division, you will be given the opportunity to work with and report to their head of Interiors - one of if not the best in the business.
Ideal candidates will have a 3rd level const Commercial / Quantity Surveyingruction degree or and have worked in a Construction Company preferably with the Interiors division and have progressed your career to Operations Manager and have worked in the role of operations manager for a minimum of 5+years working with large scale international projects for blue chip multinational end-user clients.
You will have a high level of ability and advanced knowledge of:
- Construction methods and technologies.
- Understanding of the tendering process.
- Commercial strategy and innovation to maximise profit delivery and cash management.
- Knowledge and understanding of subcontract/material orders and procurement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of health and safety, quality procedures and construction industry WRA.
Lead, manage and support all activities of the Business Unit pre and post contract to ensure safe and timely delivery of all projects to client and stakeholder satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities
PRE-CONTRACT you will be Responsible for:
- Participating in tender adjudication meetings.
- Review of resources and programme for potential tenders.
- Collaboration on the selection and production of tenders.
POST-CONTRACT: you will be responsible for:
- Safe, effective and right first-time delivery of the Business Unit's projects ensuring budget and quality targets are met. Responsible until end of defects liability period (retention release).
- Management of the Project Risk matrix, ensuring it is updated and maintained (both pre and post contract). Comply with our clients risk profile procedures.
- Recruitment, training, development and deployment of operations staff to ensure the availability of competent resources for current and future projects.
- Implementation of our clients Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality procedures across the Business Unit.
- Champion safety and quality standards on all contracts via culture of continuous improvement.
- Working with Head of Interiors to oversee the management of all business unit overheads in line with budget.
- Ensuring projects are delivered within the allocated budget.
- Preparation of contract budget in conjunction with project team.
- Monitoring and updating performance indicators and acting when necessary to improve.
- Attendance at client / consultant meetings as required, preparing and responding promptly.
- Ensure disciplines are in place for management of labour, sub-contractor, materials and plant costs on all projects.
- Ensure delays are properly recorded under the contract to protect company position and ensure contractual entitlement.
- Form and maintain professional relationships with Client, Project and Design teams and Supply Chain.
- Attendance at post tender interviews.
- Handover of all necessary documents and activities in place for an on time and orderly handover of projects.
Responsible for all aspects of the employee relationship including the:
- Management of disciplinary issues and poor performance in partnership with the HR Department.
- Annual and introductory performance reviews for operations staff.
- Management of training and development to ensure staff are kept up to date with current legislation and training needs.
- Recommendation of salary increases and bonus payments as appropriate.
For Further information or to apply please call or email: Tom Doyle at kppm on: 086 8205038 or email@example.com