Digital Systems & Analytics Manager
DePuy Synthes are now recruiting for a Senior Manager - Digital Systems & Analytics to join the Operations Technology Development Team. This opportunity will report directly into the Director Operations Technology Development & the role will be located in DePuy Synthes, Cork.
Reporting to the Director of Operations Technology Development, this role will lead the Digital System & Analytics function for DePuy Synthes (DPS) manufacturing.
This role will direct and lead the development, optimization, transformation of Digital Systems & Analytics; internally or externally to meet the strategic objectives of the business.
This is a critical position and will play a pivotal role in delivering intelligent factories of the future in line with industry 4.0 with an aim to harmonize, standardize and simplify processes and digital systems within the organization.
This role will involve interaction with all functions within all manufacturing sites in DPS, J&J execution systems group, IT SC make group to ensure that resources are optimally assigned to support both base business, continuous improvement and transformational projects.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The role requires the development of a strong partnership and interface to Production, R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Facilities Management and Product Management organizations as well as to the JnJ Supply Chain Systems & Solutions (SCSS) Group and IT SC Make Group.
- Development of cyber physical systems and smart factories to connect and communicate with each other via the internet of things and the internet of services.
- Transformed virtualization which is created by linking sensor data (from monitoring physical processes) with virtual plant models and simulation models.
- Develop decentralization capabilities which is the ability of cyber-physical systems within Smart Factories to make decisions on their own.
- Optimized real-time capability to collect and analyse data and provide the derived insights immediately
- Deliver improved modularity which enables flexible adaptation of Smart Factories to changing requirements by replacing or expanding individual modules.
Strategy & Development
- Functional direction and management of all Digital Systems & Analytics teams for Global Orthopaedics.
- Build and deliver strategic business cases to implement the new business unit Digital Systems & Analytics.
- Implement strategic roadmaps for Digital Systems & Analytics transformation for DPS.
- Responsible for performance and delivery of this Function to the senior VP’s across DPS in terms of performance and delivery to metrics.
- Enable global End to End innovation and standardisation through the development / implementation of Digital Systems & Analytics needed.
- Leverage digital systems & analytics technologies to deliver of key 2020 targets and support of quality, service, growth and value.
- Execute on tactical DPS imperatives to deliver robust capable processes that predict future regulatory trends/requirements.
- Leadership role in the execution of harmonization, standardization and simplification of Digital Systems.
- Participates in strategy and architectural definition of Digital Systems.
- Management and transformation of level 1 systems which covers sensing and manipulating the production process.
- Ownership and leadership for the maintenance and transformation for Level 2 systems which includes monitoring and automated controls of the production processes.
- Transformation & management of recipe management systems, process and tools.
- Transform asset utilisation through deployment of machine monitoring.
- Innovation and deployment of next generation technologies systems to support improved process monitoring and controls to improve, quality, service, growth and value.
- Management and transformation of all production management related systems that impact work flow, production records, optimising production processes with focus on ISA 95 level 3 (MES).
- Optimisation human interactions with production records and production management controls.
- Develop and implement production systems to eliminate product mix up and control of defective products in the production process.
- Management and governance of the manufacturing execution systems deployment across DPS.
- Transformation of the digital engineering capabilities to include CAD/CAM, Visualisation, tool data management, CFD etc to deliver improved capabilities, speed and efficiencies for product and process development.
- Management of Make related activities in support of special manufacturing systems such as labelling, mobility etc
- Own the transformation of the management of product/Process DNA/genealogy to deliver improved process control/product quality.
- Responsibility for leading the function of Business Systems (directly or indirect reporting) with focus on ISA 95 level 4 (PLM & ERP)
- Directing and leading make elements of operations management systems and the integration and alignment to other functions.
- Ownership and management of make elements of PLM/PDM systems, data and processes for make in particular the interaction and dependencies of NPI and digital engineering.
- Transformation and standardisation of the digital engineering capabilities to include CAD/CAM, Visualisation, CFD etc to deliver improved capabilities, speed and efficiencies for product and process development.
- Responsibility for leading the function of Analytics (directly or indirect reporting) with focus on DPS.
- Develop and implement a make strategy to realise the potential of converting data to insights.
- Transformed virtualization which is created by linking sensor and process data with virtual plant models and simulation models.
- Lead the implementation of a standardised model for factory data visualisation.
- Develop tools, systems and processes to provide appropriate process information and ability to mine data when required to transform quality, service, growth and value.
- Develop and implement predictive tools to support process transformation.
- Partner externally to research and develop next generation analytics capabilities to meet future business needs.
- Build analytics capabilities and talent within the make organisation as a core competence and key differentiator.
- Partner with the IT SC team in strategy development and execution.
Collaboration & Teaming
- Develop, implement and take a leading role in the Engineering Excellence Program for DPS.
- Develop, expand and integrate Digital Systems & Analytics related virtual teams into the base business execution.
- Drive the rotation of resources between cross functional groups to enable the execution of strategies, most notably in manufacturing and engineering.
- Steer collaboration with external and internal business partners to overcome blockages and facilitate integration in this highly matrixed function.
- Prioritize projects/tasks in line with Customer service requirements & strategic Engineering objectives.
- Develop collaborative networks with J&J Corporate Franchises to deliver objectives.
- Create an environment where leadership and talent development is a top priority.
- Build and develop a high performing diverse team through the selection, recruitment and development of exceptional engineering talent, and the development of core technical skills and knowledge to support future growth.
- Responsible for all technical talent development within the Digital Systems & Analytics team globally (directly or indirectly reporting).
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.
- Develop both team and individual goals and objectives and measure actual performance against them, to ensure delivery of exceptional performance to internal and external customers.
- Support the completion of performance appraisals and mid-year reviews in a timely manner.
- Degree in Engineering, Science or a related Discipline is required.
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Science or a related Discipline.
- Executive MBA or post-grade in business management.
- Minimum of 10 years overall industrial experience and minimum of 3 years at a senior technical/management level in a medical device, aeronautical or high tech industry.
- Previous people management experience
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of Product Lifecycle Strategies for Life Sciences
- Have held Senior Technical / Management Role in Med device or High-Tech Industry
- Proven Track Record in High Tech Operational Role
- Program and project management qualifications and expertise working with multi-functional teams in an engineering/operational environment.
- Track record in business case development in a technical environment and associated record of significant improvements in industry
- Experience in manufacturing, automation, IT-Systems a/o Analytics
- Speaks english fluently
- Automation experience for low to medium volume production
- Experience working in a regulated or life sciences mfg. environment
- Experience working in a CNC mfg. environment
- Expertise in Lean and/or Six Sigma methodology
Interpersonal skills / characteristics:
- Flexible work ethic
- Strong influencing skills - Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills on technical issues
- Problem solving skills – To assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues
- Decision Making – Required to make decisions on technical and management issues
- Degree of responsibility – Must be capable of managing and developing the team
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
- Extent of Confidentiality - Discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies & regulatory.
- Strong Leadership. Resilient, Tenacious and Persistent.
- Proven Change Management Skills (Change Integration Process)
- Assertive Influencing and Collaboration/Teaming Skills
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills on maintaining project progress and on design issues.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE JOB HOLDERS RESPONSIBILITIES