Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
NCBI (National Council for the Blind of Ireland) is the national sight loss agency, which offers support and services to people of all ages who are experiencing difficulties with their eyesight. The council employs approximately 300 staff throughout Ireland in a wide range of roles and functional areas. To support its growth plans, NCBI is seeking to appoint a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to lead its Information Technology Function and to play an integral role in setting the organisation’s strategic direction and planning goals.
Reporting to the NCBI Chief Executive, the CTO will provide innovative vision and leadership for the development and implementation of technology in support of NCBI’s strategic objectives. The CTO will oversee NCBI’s overall technology utilization, innovation and support plans, and manage all of its information technology resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships.
- Ensure that NCBI’s technology strategy is fully aligned and supportive of its business strategy.
- Communicate and present items of technical interest or strategy to the CEO, the board of directors, fellow senior management, team members and the wider staff of NCBI.
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs of NCBI’s staff and clients.
- Candidates will have significant experience in a senior information technology role
- A technology related primary degree with industry related certifications such as PMI, PRINCE2, ITL or COBIT.
- A demonstrable understanding of Assistive Technology.
- Proven abilities in the area of IT planning and strategy definition, and IT/Business strategic alignment.
- Significant experience of providing leadership in the areas of defining, delivering and supporting technical solutions to both internal and external clients.
Further details on this significant opportunity, including remuneration, duties and responsibilities, are available upon request.
NCBI has retained Lansdowne Executive Search as its recruitment partner in this process.
To apply, please mail a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to: email@example.com
For a confidential discussion, please contact Seán at + 353 (0) 87 7961062
Candidates for this post will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 14th December 2018