Senior Lecturer/Reader in Management
Queen’s Management School is ranked 1st amongst Russell Group business schools based on quality of teaching, academic rigour and student satisfaction noted in the NSS (National Student Survey) scores 2016.
We have 4 subject areas in the top 25 in the Times and Sunday Times Good University UK Guide 2017:
• Accounting and Finance is ranked 4th in the UK
• Management is ranked 19th in the UK
• Economics is ranked 23rd in the UK
The 2011 relocation of the School to the Riddel Hall campus, a major strategic development for the University, brought all academic staff, support staff, and postgraduate students, onto one site for the first time. Executive Education is delivered via the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute (CLI). Established in 2012, the CLI amalgamated with the Queen’s Management School in 2016 and it has grown rapidly as it seeks to develop leadership capacity at all levels in Northern Ireland and beyond. The School unites leading academics and industry experts, allowing opportunities for innovative knowledge exchange worldwide.
The School now has 123 academic and support staff with over 1,900 taught students and 50 students undertaking PhDs.
Our appointed candidate will undertake research in line with the School’s research strategy, teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and contribute to the School’s administration/outreach activity.
Preference will be given to candidates with a special interest in either Business Analytics or
The successful candidate will have:
- PhD completed in Management or related field
- Ability to publish research publications of international standard in either Business Analytics or Operations Management
- Potential to generate external research income
- Teaching and assessment experience at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Evidence of appropriate administrative and academic leadership at a strategic level experience
- Contribution to a range of community outreach programmes/initiatives
- Ability to advance the research and teaching goals of the School.
- To strengthen the School’s national and international research networks
- Must demonstrate evidence of ability to communicate clearly and effectively to students, academic colleagues and to professional bodies and managers
Further information about the School can be found at https://www.qub.ac.uk/mgt/
Informal enquiries may be directed to:
Dr Denise Currie, Tel: +44(0)28 9097 4417, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Michael Aldous, Tel: +44(0)28 9097 4549; email: email@example.com
Anticipated interview date: Monday 18 February 2019
Salary scale: £51,630 - £59,828 per annum (potential to progress to £65,361 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Wednesday 2 January 2019
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs.
You must clearly demonstrate how you are meeting the criteria on your application.
For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as people with disabilities and females are currently under-represented in this particular category of work, it would particularly welcome applications from these groups.