Head of Digital Learning
A leader in career education since 2000, Hibernia College is Ireland’s first and only, accredited online third-level institution. The college has grown rapidly in scale, strength and stature since its foundation and specialises in postgraduate and continuing professional development (CPD) programmes for students and professionals across the globe. Hibernia College has developed a model of online education that is successful because it is dedicated to helping professionals meet their current work challenges and by continually building on the interactions of students and faculty. As part of its continued development, Hibernia College is now seeking an exceptional online learning professional with the capability, vision and leadership skills to help oversee the future direction of the College.
As a key member of the Hibernia College Executive Management Team, the Head of Digital Learning is responsible for coordinating the pedagogical, technological and administrative elements involved in the design and development of high-quality online and blended academic programmes for Hibernia College and a range of external clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the College strategic planning and development, develop plans for learning technologies that align with, and support strategic initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate the College’s digital strategy.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and online pedagogies to enhance the learning experience and drive efficiency.
- Contribute to the College’s teaching and learning strategy and College’s research strategy.
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure that technology is optimally deployed to ensure a positive student experience.
- Lead the overall design of online delivery structures for new programmes and oversee the project management of new programme content development.
The appointee will join the senior leadership team of the College and should have a strong academic background as well as significant experience in a learning and teaching technology support role, preferably with project management experience. Highly developed organisational, change management, communication and interpersonal skills are also essential.
Further details on this significant opportunity, including remuneration, duties and responsibilities, are available upon request.
Hibernia College has retained Lansdowne Executive Search as its recruitment partner in this process.
To apply, please mail a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to:
Seán McDonagh, Partner, Lansdowne Executive Search, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion, please contact Seán at + 353 (0) 87 7961062
Candidates for this post will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 14th December 2018.