6 days left
- Full Time
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 900 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Reports to the Operations Director and works closely with Engineering, Quality and Line management having direct responsibility for the running of a Value Stream that produces contact lenses. The position is responsible for leading the production of contact lenses in the Value Stream to fulfil global planning schedules, within determined quality and safety standards.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Lead the Value Stream in close cooperation with Quality and Engineering, to manufacture contact lenses according to global planning requirements.
- Lead year on year efficiency improvement and activity reduction
- Create and maintain an environment of innovative continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, process development and supply.
- Manage supervisory and operations personnel working in the Value Stream, including developing people at all levels to grow within and beyond their current roles.
- Contribute to plant management issues and strategic decision‐making in relation to the Value Stream.
- Lead specific projects for the Value Stream and across the full Operations function where relevant.
- Ensure effective transfer of new products and processes into manufacturing processes.
- Manage all costs to budget.
- Establish and report on achievement of key performance metrics.
- Ensure the integration and execution of standard operating procedures, in alignment with all Vistakon Operations units.
- Ensure the Value Stream conforms to Corporate, Franchise, Statutory, Legislative and Regulatory requirements for GMP, HSE and Quality.
- Ensure regular communication of business performance/issues to all relevant employees.
- Ensure all HSE requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the responsibilities defined in the Company Safety Statement and Environmental policy and actively promote Health & Safety within Operations, ensuring Health & Safety is a goal for all direct/indirect reports.
- Ensure there is close collaboration between associates in Engineering, R&D, Production, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Planning, Materials, etc.
- Accountable for compliance in accordance with regulations such as and from, but not limited to, FDA Quality System Regulation, ISO 13485, EU MD Directive/Regulations, FDA Combo Product Regulation 21 CFR Parts 4 with 21 CFR 210/211 as applicable, Japanese MHLW, Health Canada, Brazilian ANVISA, Australian TGA for the company's products including medical devices and combination products.
3. Education and Experience Required for Role
- Production/Engineering Management Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a production management or senior supervisory role within a multinational company.
- Previous experience within the Healthcare/Medical Devices sector.