Site Utilities Subject Matter Expert
4 days left
- Full Time
The primary purpose of this role is to provide expertise to the site Engineering Utilities team in the following areas:
- Clean Steam.
- Water Systems (Both GMP and non-GMP).
- Process Gas Distribution Systems.
- Black Utilities (Compressed Air, Plant Steam, Chilled Water, Gas Storage)
This role will act as a key team member for the site engineering team providing expertise and guidance to the operational and maintenance teams on the use and best practices with these systems. Coaching team colleagues is a pivotal requirement of this role.
Activities Within Role:
- Provide SME support for the systems outlined above.
- Act as site SME during regulatory inspections on how these systems operate and the design philosophy relevant.
- Provide technical expertise for any troubleshooting or problem solving activities.
- Ensure that the systems adhere to the our global Engineering and Quality systems.
- Act as a point of contact for projects and engineering team members on technical queries.
- Assist in the scoping of Continuous Improvement and upgrade projects to these systems.
- Act as a coach for the engineering team members.
- Generate training packs on the operation and use of the sytems at Brinny.
- SME approval for relevant change controls.
- Deputise for the site Utility leads.
- Initiate cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production / engineering issues.
- Actively interfaces all other business functions, 3rd part Vendors / Suppliers, and sister sites, and always practices good team work in support of the day to day operating requirements in pursuit of achieving the business targets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical groups above site.
- Observing the Quality and EHS Management Systems requirements on site at all times.
- Keep abreast of all relevant technological advancements within the industry.
- All other duties as assigned.
Use Lean principles across all technical aspects of the process, by deploying Six Sigma tools and automation principles, to deliver a cost efficient operating model for commercial production.
Coaching and Training: Coaching others by sharing your skill-set and expertise.
Reports to: Site Engineering Lead.
Qualifications & Experience - Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Extensive Pharmaceutical Industry Experience with 5+ Yrs working in a similar role.
- Good Written and verbal communication skills.
- Identify key stakeholders and develop a relationship of trust.
- Interact with above site personnel to understand changes and promote the site.
- Solid engineering acumen.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively across multiple teams
- Solid business acumen.
- Proven Track Record in People Development.
- Degree qualification or equivalent (Engineering, Technical).
- Lean Six Sigma qualification or experience of application of Lean principles is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
- Strong leadership skills, a confident and effective decision maker, with a proven leadership ability to influence others.
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills.
- Team player, with a flexible approach.
- Ability to work autonomously.