Chief Executive Officer
Muiríosa Foundation wishes to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer. Muiríosa Foundation provide a range of services and supports to persons with an intellectual disability (and their families) – residential services, respite, day services, education, and multidisciplinary supports – across six midland counties: Kildare, Laois, Offaly, Westmeath, Meath, and Longford. Muiríosa Foundation headquarters are at Moore Abbey, Monasterevin, Co. Kildare.
Service Vision Statement:
Individuals living out a life which:
- Best reflects the individual’s will and preference
- Connects the individual to a rich network of relationships, with a nucleus of strong, committed, personal level relationships at its core
- Is inclusive and valued
- Is meaningful and fulfilling
Focusing and organising our resources and capacity to ensure that the individual has access to the range and level of supports which he /she requires to experience a self-directed, connected, inclusive, meaningful and fulfilling life.
- Respecting the dignity of the individual
- Actively valuing the uniqueness of the individual
- Respecting the capacity for autonomy of the individual
- Working in solidarity with families
- Building inclusive and diverse communities
Key Accountabilities of CEO:
- Ensure an appropriate contemporary expression of the vision, mission and values of the Muiríosa Foundation is in place and delivered throughout the organisation
- Develop and maintain the currency of the organisation’s vision and strategic direction and related objectives
- Ensure a person-centred response and service is provided to people with an intellectual disability, their carers and associated support groups
- Lead the organisation including circa 1,000 staff and other resources in a manner congruent with the vision, mission and values of the Muiríosa Foundation
- Work with and lead the management team to ensure the highest level of service and responsiveness is provided to all stakeholders
- Promote the regional and national reputation of the organisation as a responsive and progressive service provider
- Lead and safeguard key external relationships of the organisation including HSE and HIQA
- Work with other agencies and key stakeholders to promote and develop a person-centred response to people with an intellectual disability within Ireland
- Ensure high levels of accountability and probity in the application of public funds
- The CEO is the post holder within the organisation who carries ultimate responsibility for the totality of the obligations and commitments entered into by Muiríosa Foundation.
- The CEO is the nodal point where all other functional responsibilities report - health, safety, and welfare of those in receipt of a service from the Muiríosa Foundation; finance; human resources; IT; health and safety responsibilities to employees; data protection; honouring and operating within the terms of the Service Arrangement with HSE; complying with the full range of regulatory and contractual obligations.
Competencies and Experience required:
- Understands and embraces the Muiríosa Foundation’s and vision, mission and values
- Leadership experience in a large regulated organisation
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Empowering and collaborative leadership style
- Influencing skills
- Integrity and ethics
- Experience with an organisation(s) who supports people with an intellectual disability is preferred but not essential
Candidates should apply via email address below (in strict confidence) to our retained executive search partners, Diversity Search on or before 5.00pm Wednesday 24th October 2018.
Quoting Reference: ‘Muiríosa Foundation - CEO’ please enclose a curriculum vitae and cover note outlining how you meet the requirements.
Anne Coleman, Director
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (click APPLY)
Telephone: 087 190 5780