CEO - Bloomfield Health Services
Bloomfield Health Services – CEO
Bloomfield Health Services is an independent charitable not-for-profit healthcare service which has been providing quality care and treatment to its patients since its foundation in 1812 by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). We provide compassionate care and innovative services in both the neurological and psychiatric disciplines. Our dual specialisation coupled with our ethos of a ‘caring community’ where the quality of life of all our residents, their family and friends, visitors and guests, members of our care teams and staff, is enriched through mutual respect and empathy for one another makes this a unique opportunity to lead an exemplary organisation.
The Centre consists of two services: Bloomfield Mental Health Service and New Lodge Nursing Home.
Bloomfield Mental Health Service is a 114-bed in-patient Mental Health service, providing specialist neuropsychiatric assessment and continuing care, for individuals with complex mental health needs on a national basis. Registered as an approved centre with the Mental Health Commission (MHC), Bloomfield specialises in the provision of services to adults and older persons with serious and enduring mental health needs and is the first and only in-house provider of care to patients with Huntington’s Disease.
New Lodge Nursing Home is a 36 bed Nursing Home, providing excellent care and treatment to frail older persons, in a comfortable and well-designed environment.
Bloomfield’s core principles, based on Quaker testimonies, are: Honesty, Integrity, Simplicity, Community, Equality and Peace.
Bloomfield is now seeking an exceptional candidate for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The successful candidate will have qualifications, skills and competencies including, but not limited, to the following:
- Education to degree level at a minimum. A higher-level Management qualification is desirable.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the role of Chief Executive or Senior Manager, ideally within the mental health sector.
- Demonstrable experience of the understanding of management accounting, effective budgetary planning and preparation, resource allocation and management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the governance requirements and challenges of the not-for-profit sector.
- A track record and knowledge of good governance, quality and safety, regulatory compliance, company law, HR policies and procedures, management of serious incidents and complaints.
- Understanding of Bloomfield Health Services charitable origins, the Quaker ethos and an ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to that ethos.
- Successful track record in the building and nurturing of relationships with stakeholders, with building new relationships and partnerships over a wide range of diverse collaborators within government, HSE, MHC, HIQA, and the not-for-profit sectors at national and local level.
- Being a Leader of People - providing strong visible leadership that elicits positive commitment and a desire to succeed from all team members.
This role will report directly to the Chair of the Board of Directors and will be based at Bloomfield’s location in Rathfarnham, Dublin 16.
For more information or to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact Fidelma McGeachy on 01 6146041 or email@example.com. (CLICK APPLY)