Product & Marketing Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Are you passionate about retail with a strong interest in marketing and Technology?
Do you have excellent communication, creative and organisational skills?
If you are a skilled buyer with a number of years’ experience then this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss.
Ranked as one of Ireland’s best workplaces, by ‘Great Place to Work’, Harvey Norman, is a high-profile, leading-edge retail brand with over 289 stores worldwide selling furniture, bedding, electrical and computer goods. With 15 stores in Ireland, we are growing, and have plenty of opportunities for talented people. If you think you have what it takes to thrive in a dynamic retail environment, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Harvey Norman is looking for a Product and Marketing Manager to work in our Dublin Head Office.
This role is different to a regular buying role, you are in charge of all aspects of the product from cradle to grave. You need to work on marketing, in-store execution, training, online content, ranging, category strategy, reporting, analysis and more!
Product categories include Mobile Phone, Smart Home, Gaming, Drone and Camera.
Despite Harvey Norman being a global company, all the buying for our Irish business is done in Dublin. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a growing category and work with some of the biggest tech brands including Apple, Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Cannon, Panasonic, Nest and DJI.
YOUR JOB – your tasks will include:
- Execute product life cycle management from initial product launch to end of life
- Identify new market opportunities within the technology market and define customer requirements for the next generation of products
- Monitor fashion, current affairs and category trends and make product development and roadmap decisions based on your insights
- Engage with Technology brands to consistently improve Harvey Norman’s market position and sales. Develop, launch, and manage new categories and products
- Develop marketing campaigns to enhance Harvey Norman’s market position and sales
- Constant competitive analysis, consisting of tracking competitor pricing and activities and making relevant changes to your product strategy
- Develop product strategy and positioning, pre-sale activities, and developing sales tools, marketing materials & collateral
- Present category strategy to key stakeholders in the business, interact effectively with all levels of the organization and prepare & present to the executive team
- Product fixture design and implementation
YOUR PROFILE – your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Ability to Sell in a number of directions.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent computer skills (Excel is essential)
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to create and execute end-to-end marketing plans without supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Action orientated and results driven
- Product management experience
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellence in verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience in retail channel marketing a strong plus
- Ability to influence without authority
WHY PEOPLE JOIN US:
- We’ve been recognized as a ‘Great place to work’
- We’re dynamic and growing
- Fun, high energy work environment
- Culture of developing and promoting from within the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged
- Generous staff discounts
We need employees to be flexible about when they work. The successful candidate will be required to attend a company induction day in Dublin City Centre.