Operations Manager - Global Company
This position involves managing a large operational team, providing a broad range of services to customers from different verticals.
The person selected will be responsible for growing and developing business through strong business metrics and balancing expenses with revenue, margins and profits, and creating value and scalability.
This is a position that is responsible for an operation with substantial direct revenue and indirect responsibility for Sales through account management on existing business,
This position requires:
A visionary focus
Strong Leadership and mentoring
Highly Commercial acumen
This Person should:
- Provide long term vision and strategy and standards for the Operations team (developing strong employee engagement, and align direction and standards with global company objectives).
- Manage P&L: responsible for costs, revenue and profits to be within plan (assure profitability).
- Proactively manage client engagements with careful planning, proper selection and allocation of resources, regular interaction and follow up on client input, resolution of issues.
- Improve and maintain a cost effective operations by controlling expenses and improving efficiencies.
- Drive a culture of collaboration within Operations.
- Endorse Company standards within local culture and existing work ethics. Support local issues, align site work ethics and social conduct towards the global company standards. Communicate local standards for the benefit of the company globally where applicable.
- Own the client relationships for the site including working collaboratively with sales as needed, engaging in client contacts and negotiations, visits, escalation paths, and pricing.
- Responsible for assuring scalability of overall production according to work volume needs and revenue plan/pipeline.
- Engage in communication with other teams for issues such as: Best Practices, problem solving, visibility, conflict resolution, pricing, policies (assisting with creating, upholding, communicating).
- 8+ years in a business management role (P&L responsibility)
- Experience managing an extended team of 100+ full-time staff
- Demonstrated performance record in employee and customer satisfaction, sales growth and profitability
- Very good communication skills (proven in international business/Key Account Management)
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others
- Strong market and customer focus
- Experience in software/high tech industry
- Proven track record of successful management and retention of high performing employees
- Experience and proficiency in the management/use of financial tools, including operating budgets, capital budgets, income statements and balance sheets
- Some international experience and/or knowledge of foreign languages will be considered a major asset but not essential
- Degree in Business Administration or similar is preferred, though a proven track record can be overriding
For further information, please contact Louisa Poinboeuf in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org or 091 455 308 (contactable at this number Monday to Thursday)
Sigmar Recruitment will always treat your application in confidence and will never forward your details to a Third Party without your prior permission.