Women’s Aid is now recruiting to fill the following full-time permanent position:
Director (Ref: Dir)
About Women’s Aid: Women's Aid is a leading national organisation that has been working in Ireland to stop domestic violence against women and children since 1974. We provide support and information through our 24hr National Freephone Helpline and one to one support services to women experiencing emotional, physical, sexual or financial abuse by a current or former husband, partner or boyfriend. In addition to our Direct Services, Women's Aid acts for justice and social change by engaging in policy, representation and communications and campaigns activity at a national level. We also provide specialised training and organisational support on responding to domestic violence to a broad range of stakeholders.
About the Role: The Director’s role includes the development and implementation of Women’s Aid’s strategic goals https://www.womensaid.ie/about/story/mission.html along with ensuring ongoing understanding and commitment to our vision throughout the organisation. Other key aspects of the role include:
- promoting Women’s Aid as a feminist, service based, political and campaigning organisation committed to the elimination of violence and oppression against all women, through effecting political, cultural and social change;
- Building and develop relationships with members of government, key funders and donors, as well as key agents of change on the issue of domestic violence;
- Leading motivating, supporting and managing the members of the management team and staff;
- formulating and administering organisational policy in conjunction with the Board and Management;
- Overseeing the management and good practice of finances, compliance and governance.
- Leadership experience and skills.
- High level of knowledge and understanding of violence against women.
- Up to date knowledge and experience of child protection issues.
- Minimum of 3 years experience staff and organisational management including change and project management, human resources, finances and governance.
- High level of communication skills.
- Experience working in voluntary/NGO sector.
- Appropriate 3rd level qualification.
- Media experience.
- Experience of interagency work and community development.
- Data protection.
Salary: 6 point scale €64,160-€78,904
How to Apply: Full job description and application form below. Please email your completed application form marked (Ref: Dir.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note - CVs will not be considered
Closing date for receipt of applications is 09:00 4th October 2018.
First round interviews are expected to take place on 25/26 October 2018
Unfortunately due to our limited resources, we cannot respond to every application. If you have not heard from us, it will mean that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
Women’s Aid strives to be an equal opportunities employer.