Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A
DePuy Synthes , a USD $10 billion franchise within Johnson & Johnson , is a market-leader in the orthopaedic implants industry. DePuy Ireland contains the Orthopaedic Global Supply Chain function as well as a large manufacturing site in Ireland and has financial responsibility for intercompany sales of over $1.5 billion. It also has responsibility for a number of toll and contract manufacturing sites in Europe and the Far East.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Financial Accounting requirements in DePuy Ireland in accordance with Johnson and Johnson Policies and procedures and in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements. The position is reporting to the Senior Financial Analyst Financial Reporting & Compliance and is based in Cork, Ireland.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Assist in DePuy Ireland’s Financial Close Process:
- Ensure General Ledger Integrity for DePuy Ireland.
- Ensure all Balance Sheet reconciliations are prepared in accordance with WWP.
- Ensure compliance with relevant SOX controls
- Prepare DePuy Ireland’s Financial Statements
- Support monthly Headcount Reporting process
- Submit BRAVO/TM1 reporting for DePuy Ireland accurately and timely.
- Assist the Business Partners in preparation of the departmental budgets for the various forecast cycles.
- Carry out BVA analysis and provide commentary for observed variances.
- Assist in preparation of Latest Estimate submissions as required
- Issue monthly management reports.
- Work with Business Partners across the business to ensure that adequate financial support and analysis is provided.
SOX & WWP/ICH Compliance
- Liaise with external and internal auditors as required.
- Ensure all accounting and reporting procedures comply with SOX, J&J WW Accounting Procedures & ICH guidelines
Foreign Exchange :
- Adequately hedge all FX exposures in line with WWP.
- Preparation and Coordination of Hedging EFS Inputs.
- Prepare Realised and Unrealised Analysis on FX Gains(Losses) Calculations.
- Accounting for Hedges in line WWP
- Ad-hoc project work.
- Adhere to the company’s procedures at all times.
- Ensure all quality and health & safety policies are adhered to.
- Continuous Improvement focus.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree or equivalent
• Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA accountant
• 3+ years of relevant multinational experience
• Supply chain finance experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
• Proven track record in multi-cultural business partnering
• Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Demonstrated record of driving continuous process improvements
• Accuracy with attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Proactive approach
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple taks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.