Assistant Director of Children’s Services
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Assistant Director of Children’s Services, Dublin North
The Assistant Director will manage, establish and develop all of the work of Barnardos within their area of responsibility and assist as required in strategic initiatives aimed at growing the organisation.
Barnardos Dublin North region has approximately 70 staff and 100+ volunteers across nine services across the Dublin 11 and Dublin 15 areas.
Attractive Remuneration Package on offer, salary will be dependant on experience.
Mulhuddart Dublin 15, base with travel as required.
For confidential enquiries: Contact Barbara Dempsey, HR Manager on 01 7080463.
Barnardos supports children whose well-being is under threat, by working with them, their families and communities and by campaigning for the rights of children.
Established in Ireland in 1962, Barnardos is now Ireland’s largest children’s charity, working with over 15,000 children and families in 2017.
Barnardos services are located in the heart of local communities, with 40 centre locations throughout Ireland. Service provision includes Family Support, Early Years and a range of specialist services, including Roots of Empathy, Post Adoption Service and Bereavement Service.
A relevant professional qualification in an appropriate discipline and an understanding of the health and social services sector in general, children’s services in particular, are essential.
- Experience of planning, developing and managing children’s services within an agreed budget.
- Experience of managing staff training and development.
- Proven management ability, particularly with regard to people and service management.
- Experience of working effectively with statutory and non-statutory organisations.
Skills and Abilities required
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, best practice and to service development, research and evaluation in that context.
- Understanding of the interdependency of the different functions across the organisation and the necessity to contribute to functions outside your primary area of responsibility.
- A clear understanding of current national child care policies and provision and of related issues and concerns.
- An awareness of the public policy arena and how it can be influenced.
- Capacity to focus strategically in identifying and responding to relevant opportunities.
- Ability to think corporately and contribute to organisational strategic planning.
- Understanding of public relations.
- Ability to integrate fundraising and national services into a cohesive framework within the areas of responsibility.
- Ability to influence others at senior level, manage difference and negotiate effectively.
- Full driving licence and access to the use of a suitably insured car essential.
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 17th September 2018.
For a full job description check out our website – Click Apply or call 01 7080463.