Container Terminal Manager
The Port of Cork Company is a commercial, state owned, Tier 1 Port. In 2017, the Port handled over 10.3 million Tonnes of cargo and total turnover was €31.5 million.
A substantial part of the port’s throughput is container-based cargo that is handled in the Tivoli Container Terminal which operates as a fast-paced, 24/7 facility. To support its continued success and the imminent transition of container operations to the new Cork Container Terminal located in Ringaskiddy, the Port of Cork Company is seeking to appoint a Container Terminal Manager.
The Container Terminal Manager will work closely with the operations team to ensure that the Port’s container facilities are efficiently managed and will have overall responsibility for the control of the Tivoli Container Terminal. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer/Harbour Master, the successful candidate will lead the Container Terminal team and will interact with all stakeholders to deliver a highly effective logistics service to all port customers. The appointed person will be responsible for the transition of operations to the Cork Container Terminal at Ringaskiddy.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience include:
- More than 5 years’ experience in a comparable management role, including significant transformation projects
- Strong understanding of Logistics Management Information Systems
- Experience of Shipping and Port Logistics
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements relating to importing and exporting cargo
- Exemplary communications and team leadership abilities
- Third-level qualification in a relevant discipline is desirable
To apply, please eMail a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter to: Luke Freeley, Partner, Lansdowne Executive Search. eMail Address: Luke.Freeley@Lansdownesearch.ie
For a confidential discussion, please contact Luke Freeley at +353 (0)1 534 5115.
Candidates for this role will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Thursday, September 20th 2018.