Head of Finance
Established in 1963, the Irish Cancer Society is one of Ireland’s best known and most respected charities. Through its c.300 dedicated staff (including night nurses) and over 5,000 volunteers, the Society provides information, services and support to cancer patients, survivors and their families and also invests in life-saving research. Its highly successful fundraising initiatives, including the iconic Daffodil Day, raise over €20m annually. Support services such as Patient Travel, Night Nursing and the Cancer Nurseline, together with selected cancer research projects and advocacy initiatives, have all contributed to a 50% increase in survival rates over the last 20 years.
The Society now wishes to appoint a Head of Finance who will:
- be a strategic business partner working closely with the CEO and the other members of the senior management team (SMT);
- inspire and develop the Finance and IT functional teams to provide best in class solutions and service for the Society and its external partners;
- lead the Company Secretarial function to maintain the Society’s high standards of corporate governance;
- build on the culture of open, collaborative leadership and innovation, providing cross functional support to deliver on the Society’s new strategic plan.
To reflect the Society’s ambition, the ideal candidate will:
- be dynamic and mission-focused with a track record as a trusted advisor;
- demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence and creativity;
- integrate with enthusiasm and add value across the organisation;
- drive, inform and support strategies that maximise the Society’s potential;
- enhance the performance and capacity of the Finance and IT teams to meet the Society’s future needs;
- strengthen the culture of openness, collaboration and innovation in sync with the Society’s values.
This is a significant opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to contribute to the growth and development of supports to people whose lives are affected by cancer.
For a confidential discussion please call Ellen Roche (01-7926703) or Michele Stokes (01-7925538) at PwC, One Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1
Applications or queries should be submitted to Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org (Click APPLY)
The deadline for applications is 05 October, 2018.