Deputy Group Solicitor
7 days left
- Full Time
Córas Iompair Éireann, (CIÉ) Holiday Company has a vacancy for a Deputy Group Solicitor.
CIÉ is the national statutory body providing land public transport within the Republic of Ireland. It is wholly owned by the Government of Ireland and reports to the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport. Strategic direction, control and overall co-ordination is provided by CIÉ whilst each subsidiary and business unit has a high degree of operating autonomy. CIÉ’s subsidiaries are Iarnród Éireann (IÉ), Ireland’s national railway company, Bus Átha Cliath (BÁC), Dublin’s bus operator, and Bus Éireann (BÉ), provider of bus services throughout Ireland. CIÉ Tours International is wholly owned by CIÉ.
The Holding Company is responsible for the provision of services in: Finance, Governance, Group Property including the Commuter Advertising Network, Internal Audit, Pension Management, Risk and Liability Management, Information Technology, and Legal Services.
Reporting to the Group Solicitor, CIÉ this senior position will be responsible for the development of a commercial focus/ structure and measurable charging framework in connection with the delivery of high quality professional services to clients.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven record in delivering on client care based on sound financial disciplines.
- Comprehensive legal knowledge and the ability to operate as a senior lawyer in all of the current legal divisions of the office, or in divisions that may emerge in the future.
- S/he can demonstrate their leadership ability and have an excellent track record in managing, motivating and developing a high performance team.
- Strong personal commitment to the use of IT systems within the legal office and the ability to lead or influence other staff in the same area.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally at the most senior level.
- Strong commitment to the introduction of modernisation programmes.
Remuneration for this position shall be commensurate with the seniority of the position.
Applications to be forwarded to;
Head of Group Human Resources and OD, C.I.É., Heuston Station, Dublin.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 27 July 2018