Ard Stiurthoir (CEO)
7 days left
- Full Time
JOB ADVERTISEMENT: ARD STIÚRTHÓIR/(CEO) ROLE
INTRODUCTION AND CONTEXT
The Camogie Association is a leading female sporting body in Ireland. Its primary objective is to promote, develop and manage Camogie in Ireland and internationally. The priorities of the Association are set out in its National Development Plan (2016-2019) and cover all aspects of the sport including games development, player welfare, enhancing the profile of the game, commercial development and volunteer enhancement. The Association enjoys a collaborative relationship with the GAA.
The Association is now seeking a suitably qualified candidate as Ard Stiúrthóir (CEO) to lead the organisation and to be responsible for its day-to-day management. The Ard Stiúrthóir will work closely with the Uachtarán and will report to Ard Chomhairle, the governing body. The term of appointment will be seven years.
The specific responsibilities for the post of Ard Stiúrthóir are set out under the following four headings:
Mission, Vision and Planning
- Lead the strategic development of the Association in collaboration with the Uachtarán and Ard Chomhairle.
- Lead the development process for periodic National Development Plans.
- Monitor, prioritise and lead implementation of commitments set out in the relevant National Development Plan.
- Maintain and present to Ard Chomhairle, progress reports of achievement against the National Development Plan, annual business plan and budget by reference to agreed key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Inform and update the Uachtarán and Ard Chomhairle of all significant factors and issues likely to affect the Association.
Leadership, Management and Staff Development
- Lead, in co-operation with the Uachtarán, all of the Association’s on-going activities.
- Oversee the management of the Association’s day-to-day operations, to ensure the smooth functioning and efficient organisation of all sporting and governance activities. This includes ensuring that day-to-day operations are carried out to recognised standards and that controls, systems and procedures are in place to assist periodic evaluation.
- Develop, encourage and sustain an environment where management and staff participation, engagement and co-operation contributes to an effective and efficient working organisation.
- Develop and maintain an environment that enables the Association to recruit, develop and retain high quality management, staff and volunteers.
- Ensure adherence to the Association’s recruitment policies as they relate to staff and volunteers, including compliance with legislation.
- Develop and implement robust processes to motivate, support and evaluate volunteers.
- Ensure all staff contracts comply with the Association’s recruitment and remuneration policies and are managed within approved budgets.
- Ensure that staff evaluation is conducted annually in accordance with the Association’s performance management framework.
- Ensure that there is a personal development plan developed and implemented for each staff member in conjunction with the annual staff evaluation process.
- Ensure that annual agreed work plans are developed and implemented in accordance with the responsibilities of each staff member and the objectives of the National Development Plan.
Governance, Finance and Risk
- Ensure the Association complies with all legal, regulatory and funder requirements and monitor this compliance.
- Review and develop policies as required, and ensure that all policies approved by Ard Chomhairle, are implemented.
- Ensure the timely filing of all legal and statutory returns.
- Ensure compliance with the Association’s binding codes and mandatory procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate policies, systems and controls are in place to manage the technological infrastructure of the Association in accordance with ongoing requirements.
- Provide support for National Committee Meetings.
- Accountable for the overall financial management of the Association and adequacy of its financial and other resources to deliver planned activities within budget.
- Ensure that appropriate financial policies, systems and controls are in place to manage the financial resources of the Association in accordance with best practice.
- Oversee the development and presentation of the annual financial budget and all key funding applications for approval by Ard Chomhairle.
- Ensure there is a risk management plan and supporting register in place to identify risk and its mitigation.
- Develop and maintain appropriate processes and procedures to avoid risk.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the Uachtarán, Ard Chomhairle and the Chairs of National Committees.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key funders and sponsors, with a particular focus on attracting new sponsors.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with, and support development of relevant skills and competencies of, the Association’s volunteers.
- Maintain and build on existing relationships with all sporting bodies.
- Under the direction of the Uachtarán, work with the Transition Oversight Group to implement with the 2018 MOU with the GAA.
- Advocate on matters of relevance to the Association, its members and stakeholders in consultation with the Uachtarán.
- Raise the profile of Camogie in line with targets and KPIs set out in the National Development Plan.
- Uphold and represent the interests of the Association at the highest national level, be a leader within the sporting community and advocate for women in sport.
PERSON SPECIFICATION AND KEY SKILLS
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant third level and/or professional qualification(s).
- Proven leadership capacity as evidenced by their ability to influence, motivate and enable others.
- Proven management experience and administrative skills.
- Demonstrable ability to engage with and work on a collaborative basis with members, volunteers, and sporting bodies at local and national level.
- Significant, demonstrable achievements at senior management level in a comparable organisation, including evidence of strong people management skills and success in conflict resolution.
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising and/or commercial partnerships.
- An empathy for sport and the ethos that underpins a volunteer-led organisation
- Experience and understanding of financial management and control systems.
- An understanding of the role of effective PR in a sporting organisation.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, action oriented, flexible, enthusiastic and will have well-honed communication skills.
Applications in the form of a CV, along with a covering letter setting out key strengths in the context of the job description should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (click APPLY) by 5pm on Friday July 27th 2018 or by post to:
(Postal applications should mark ‘private confidential’ on the envelope)
Late applications will not be accepted.
Apply for Ard Stiurthoir (CEO)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly