Technology Director (Ireland Office)
Rapidly moving our product offerings to the cloud and will be adapting our solution offerings to facilitate enhanced product features as well as business growth into different business segments. You will apply your technical expertise, product development experience, and leadership qualities to create and manage a new technology retail development center based in Ireland. You will work directly with our technical leadership team and platform architects in our existing offices (HQ – Raleigh, NC; San Diego, CA, New Delhi, India).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As a core, hands on member of the technology team, you will engage in the technical management and development of both “base” and “custom” solutions for large retailers, with the initial emphasis based on retailer customers based in North America
- Using best practices of SDLC, and the recent innovations of cloud technology, you will enhance and/or create new applications, components, and middleware that will maximize code reuse with very high production level quality
- You will help build the technical team in the local office, and then be responsible for both mentoring and defining their technical career development
- You will manage the local technical team, be deeply involved in design sessions, and work directly with them to ensure issues are resolved and delivery expectations are met
- The right candidate will process a strong technical background with excellent project management and communication skills (verbal and written)
- In your role as the Ireland Technical Directory, you will work with key stakeholders in the USA offices to scope work, set goals, manage schedules and coordinate joint activities with remote developers
- Maturity, high judgement, confidentiality, and the ability to lead (and control) a team of technical developers and QA analysts are essential in this position
- Occasional travel (2-3 trips a year) to a remote office will be expected, especially as you help launch the new office in Ireland
- You will also be expected to work with an in-house (or outsourced) Office Admin Manager to ensure local compliance, HR objectives, and other legal standards
- BS / MS in Computer Science
- 8+ years in software development, with 3+ years leading complex, mission critical software development teams.
- 3-5 years in a .NET software development environment.
- 2+ years in cloud development
- 3+ years in a client facing role with project management responsibilities
- Experience with Requirements Analysis, Solution Architecture and Design
- Understanding of.NET Core Framework, C#, and other technologies (such as SQL databases, Document dB)
- Experience or vast knowledge of HTML5, MVC, CSS
- Excellent understanding of OOP, the value of interfaces, and core computer science foundations
- Able to work well with others, including non-technical resources
- Ability to architect solutions and business components, and then guide developers through the code generation and debugging phases of the SDLC
- Able to consume high level business requirements and produce (internal) technical specifications / guidelines for developers.
- Working knowledge of multiple cloud data storage technologies (RDMBS, NO SQL, Document DB, etc.).
- Detail oriented, yet flexible to adapt to ever changing priorities and initiatives
- Knowledge of horizontal technologies, such as cloud base reporting systems and other BI tools
- Experience with TFS
- Experience with Angular 2 (or Angular 1.x)
- Other clouds DevOps
To apply for this position please contact Catriona Coogan at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455306 - click APPLY.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent