Software Development Manager
Software Dev Mgr
Seeking a Software Development Manager with extensive hands on experience building complex, large-scale SaaS products. The successful candidate will be an inspirational leader with a passion for technology and a proven track record in building high performance teams. The role requires a manager who is up to date with the latest technologies and trends as well as best practices in agile & continuous delivery.
The Software Development Manager will be capable of partnership and collaboration with various cross-functional departments heads in Customer Operations, Product Management and within Research and Development as well as leading a large number of cross-functional engineers within a number of delivery teams.
This is a highly technical hands on role that will be a key influencer in and decision maker in architecture, design and delivery decisions.
- Build high performing teams of innovative software professionals by mentoring, coaching and developing internal talent and recruiting industry top talent.
- Develop, maintain and improve our delivery processes and systems.
- Champion innovation across the organisation.
- Drive efficiency in the team to maximise customer value and minimise waste.
- Work with internal resources to scope development projects, including deliverables, timelines and budgets etc.
- Lead architecture and technical designs reviews.
- Lead the team through a transition to Continuous Delivery, driving automation of build, deployment and test.
- Provide direction to direct and indirect reports in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives.
- Provide recommendations and assist in determining which projects to prioritise and make the trade-off between technical debt and new functionality.
- Remove impediments to ease the development path. Drive down the cycle time from idea to customer value.
- Implement technical strategy and govern across various development teams.
- Manage and provide technical and motivational leadership to multiple teams.
- Ensure appropriate engineering resourcing is in place to deliver the business needs.
- 5+ years proven experience in a Software Development Management role.
- Excellent OOP knowledge and experience. .NET 4+ & Angular 2 a distinct advantage.
- Experience with large scale SQL and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience delivering and owning micro services in a SaaS environment.
- Experience in measuring and improving performance of production systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience of leading multiple development teams in parallel.
- Experience managing upwards of 20 engineers.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of modern software development methodologies(Scrum/Kanban/Lean/XP), including Sizing, Estimation, Velocity, Burn-down charts, Burn-up charts, Cycle Times, Cumulative Flow, Pair Programming, BDD, TDD.
- Experience in highly scalable, highly available platforms.
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery & Automation.
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online