Leads and develops sourcing strategies for indirect goods and services, primarily focusing on Capital (Capital Equipment, Capital and Facility Services) related goods and services for the Engineering & Manufacturing organization. Will work with the global team driving a competitive advantage in current areas under management and identifying new opportunities to improve Cost, Quality, Service, Reduce Risk. Will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization developing strong relationships, institutionalize category management and Supplier Relationship Management. Will work in collaboration with the Clonshaugh and Westport Ireland Sourcing Team to ensure that the project sourcing & procurement activities within these categories are synchronized across the enterprise and scale is leveraged appropriately.
- Responsible for end to end management of assigned Capital & Facilities categories, including assisting with the category strategy development, category sourcing plan execution, and projects execution to optimize value.
- Proactively drives strategic sourcing activities in collaboration with stakeholders to achieve procurement objectives, utilizing strong category management skills, including conducting opportunity analysis, supplier competitive landscape, developing bid lists, evaluating proposals, supplier selection, supplier relationship management (SRM), process optimization and execution of commercial agreements.
- Collaborates with internal Global stakeholders and suppliers to implement and manage efficient and effective supplier relationships. Develops and manages supplier relationships and issue resolution of moderate to high complexity, support project team in resolution of issues.
- Defines category performance targets and leads team to achieve goals.
- Drives annual productivity improvements in each category of spend by developing and ensuring implementation of ideas to optimize total cost of ownership for spend categories.
- Reviews major contracts for key areas of spend and is an expert resource for planning and leading complex negotiations.
- Measures and tracks internal performance within each spend category by tracking forecasted vs actual savings and budget impact for portfolio of categories.
- Identifies/defines sourcing best practices both within and outside the Organization and ensures those best practices are adopted.
- Leverages strong influencing skills to define sourcing role and aligns project objectives and targets with stakeholders.
- Monitors key suppliers’ performance, ensures effective Supplier Relationship Management to drive continuous improvements.
- Leads and facilitates applicable and relevant Category Management Projects.
- Educates end-users on Procurement policies and procedures through daily interactions.
- Independently authors contractual documents and designs and revises templates as required.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Requires 7 - 10 years progressive experience in Procurement with an emphasis on Strategic Sourcing & Category Management
- Strong expertise in large scale Capital Services, Capital Equipment, and Facilities Goods and Services categories/sub-categories, understanding of current market conditions demonstrated ability to drive savings using different category strategies
- Relevant experience working in/with a manufacturing environment required; Pharma/Biotech industry preferred
- Proven experience in negotiating, reviewing and managing client requirements; contracts; policies and procedures
- Experience with SAP or a similar ERP Solution required
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and MS Outlook
Allergan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.