The SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 800 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing and hostels, community care, shops, administration and other specialist areas.
The East Region which encompasses Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow is the largest of the Society’s eight Regions and has approximately 3500 voluntary members in more than 320 local conferences committed to providing direct personal service to individuals and families in need.
SVP now seeks to recruit an experienced Fundraising Manager for the East region (Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow).
Reporting to the Regional Coordinator, the Fundraising Manager will be responsible for growing SVP’s donor base in the East from private individuals, corporates, and trusts and foundations, as well as through community fundraising initiatives, events and effective direct marketing and legacy campaigns. They will also manage relationships with existing donors and supporters, ensuring a high level of donor retention through great donor stewardship.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in a fundraising/business development role with a genuine interest in the not-for-profit sector demonstrated through either professional or voluntary involvement
- Proven success in identifying and developing new strategic relationships and increasing supporter engagement.
- A creative approach, with the ability to generate new ideas and initiatives, and to follow these through to completion.
- A track record in achieving results and working to targets within a busy, fast paced environment.
- Excellent networking, interpersonal, influencing, and negotiating skills
- Strong proposal and grant application writing skills.
This role requires a proactive, ideas person with excellent relationship management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects. If you are a fundraiser with experience across a range of income streams who is ready to take the next step in your career, this could be the role for you!
The recruitment campaign for the role of Fundraising Manager is being managed exclusively on behalf of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul by not-for-profit specialist recruitment consultancy Charity Careers Ireland.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the full job description and information pack prior to making your application.
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday, 23rd July 2018