Head of Advocacy & Communications
Age Action’s vision is to make Ireland the best country in which to grow older. Their main aim is to achieve fundamental change in the lives of all ageing people and especially people in later life by empowering them to live full lives as independent and actively engaged citizens and to secure their right to comprehensive high quality services according to their changing needs.
They are now seeking an experienced Head of Advocacy & Communications to join their Senior Management Team.
Reporting directly to the CEO and line managing a team of four, the Head of Advocacy & Communications will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the communications and advocacy strategy for Age Action.
The successful candidate will be highly literate, an able networker and communicator, and team player with an ability to work with and build trusted relationships with a variety of stakeholders and partners. In addition you will be able to work independently, taking a lead on key items of work using your own initiative. You will also have an understanding of traditional and online media, and ideally knowledge of ageing issues and older people.
This role requires a professional with the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ demonstrable experience of working at a strategic, senior level in communications and advocacy dealing with PR, branding, marketing, and digital transformation
- A seasoned track record in advancing issues through advocacy, policy, and partnership building
- A proven ability to develop and deliver high impact messages and content
- Strong ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Creativity and an ability to generate engaging campaign messages
- Experience acting as the public face of an organisation and managing and supporting relevant staff in interactions with the media and other public avenues
- Ability to identify and pursue strategic opportunities to advance policy and advocacy initiatives
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for quality
- Proven ability to effectively lead and motivate a small, dynamic team
If you have ambitious, out-of-the-box ideas, know how to build and motivate teams to bring them to fruition, and you’re seeking an exciting new opportunity to inspire and drive change, we’d love to hear from you!
The recruitment campaign for the role of Head of Advocacy & Communications is being managed exclusively on behalf of Age Action by non-profit specialist recruitment consultancy Charity Careers Ireland.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the full job description and information pack prior to making your application.
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday, 6th August 2018