Director of Water
- Full Time
The Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU) is Ireland’s independent energy and water regulator. Our mission is to regulate water, energy and energy safety in the public interest.
The Director of Water is a senior role, contributing to the CRU senior management team and leading our committed and expert Water Team. The Director of Water will be integral to delivering on the CRU’s vision and strategy; responsible for the economic regulation of Irish Water, protecting Irish Water customers and the opportunity to contribute to the transformation of water and wastewater services in Ireland. The Director of Water will represent the CRU at a national and international level.
Key elements of the Director of Water’s role include:
- Leading, motivating, supporting and developing the CRU Water Team;
- Delivering and implementing new national regimes for Non-Domestic Charges and Water Connection Policy;
- Driving efficiencies and service improvements with a strong focus on customers and customer outcomes;
- Providing policy advice on the development of the water and wastewater sector to the Minister for Housing, Community and Local Government, and working closely with officials from relevant Government Departments;
- Managing relationships with key agencies and bodies including the EPA, NewERA, the National Water Forum, relevant Joint Oireachtas Committees;
- Contributing actively to the recently established European water regulatory body, WAREG.
A full role description is available on our website at www.cru.ie
The CRU offers an attractive work package, with a salary scale for this position of €132,948 – €151,974.
Interested candidates should apply through the Careers page on www.cru.ie (click APPLY)