Director of Services
3 days left
- Full Time
Ireland’s leading children's charity is recruiting:
Director of Services
The Director will lead the development and strategic direction of our Services, delivering services to more than 15,000 children and parents in 40 centres across Ireland and will have overall responsibility for the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the services that Barnardos provides.
Attractive Remuneration Package on offer, salary will be dependant on experience.
Dublin 8 with national travel.
Barnardos supports children whose well-being is under threat, by working with them, their families and communities and by campaigning for the rights of children.
Established in Ireland in 1962, Barnardos is now Ireland’s largest children’s charity, working with over 15,000 children and families in 2017.
Barnardos services are located in the heart of local communities, with 40 centre locations throughout Ireland.
Service provision includes Family Support, Early Years and a range of specialist services, including Roots of Empathy, Post Adoption Service and Bereavement Service.
Experience and Knowledge required
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Senior Management role.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior practice related role.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing change and developing best practice.
- Management of multi-disciplinary team and experience of working closely with other departments.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector desirable.
- Ability to think strategically and translate into effective action plans.
- Excellent analytical skills for translating research into practice, service planning, evaluation and monitoring.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Relationship building skills with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to make decisions in uncertain environments with diverse partners and where there are multiple and competing demands.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty, crisis, change and ambiguity.
- Ability to work effectively with different systems internally and externally.
- Strong effective leadership, people and team management and motivational skills.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
A university degree standard qualification is desirable, ideally in social work, social care or a related area.
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday 20th July 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday, 1st August 2018
For a full job description check out our website - click APPLY or call 01 7080463.