Head of Human Resources - Foyle Port
Foyle Port is a fast growing organisation incorporating a Statutory Harbour Authority, an expanding harbour estate and property business, a specialist marine services division as well as a civil engineering and steel fabrication business. Maintaining a £40million asset base the organisation has also attracted over £100 million of external investment to the region over the last fifteen years. The total value of trade passing through the Port is estimated at £1 billion per annum which supports 20,000 farms in the North West and various local business sectors including the fuel/oil and construction industries. Supporting an estimated 1000 jobs, the port plays an important role in the economy of the North West, as a major gateway and significant local employer.
Since 2013, the number of permanent employees has increased 75% to 75 employees and the average number of employees including casual employees is 100. Employees are based across four trading divisions: Foyle Port; Foyle Marine Services; Foyle Consulting Engineers; and Foyle Engineering. The organisation is currently supported by an HR Team of two: an HR Manager and an HR Officer. Given the increasing scale of LPHC financially and the expanding employee numbers, the Port management has now determined that the Human Resources Function requires an experienced HR professional to head up the team and provide strong HR support to the organisation. The successful candidate will play a critical role leading the organisational change process as we move towards our next strategic cycle. This will be a senior role, integral to the Port Management Team and with a significant opportunity to progress through the organisation.
Human Resources Strategic Management
- To develop and deliver a Human Resources (HR) strategy which is aligned to the vision and core values of the organisation.
- To design and implement an HR strategic action plan, driving change in HR practices and procedures where required and acting as a change champion with regard to HR services;
- To be responsible for organisational compliance with all relevant HR legislation, Section 75 equality legislation and Data Protection Legislation.
- To design and implement organisational improvements in HR, Equality and Data Protection policies, processes and practices across all areas including recruitment & selection, performance management, learning and development, employee relations and absence management ensuring robust systems are in place to support the organisation and adhering to industry best practice;
- To provide expertise and direction on the people aspects of the organisation including but not limited to recruitment and selection; attendance and absence management; disciplinary and grievance; investigation; industrial and employee relations; flexible working agreement; performance, pay and reward packages; dignity at work issues; workforce culture; employee engagement; and in all matters relating to resignation, retirement and redundancy.
- To develop contracts of employment which comply with all legal and statutory requirements and to ensure the application of accurate terms and conditions of service for all employees.
- To establish appropriate terms and conditions for employees in line with the diversified structure of the organisation.
- A primary degree or equivalent qualification.
- Masters’ Degree or Postgraduate Degree desirable.
- Must have at least 10+ years’ experience working in Human Resources with 5+ years’ experience within a senior Human Resources role.
- MCIPD qualified
- Leads by example: provides a personal approach which inspires, encourages and empowers staff to take their own decisions.
- Pro-active in creating and promoting a culture where there is a commitment to the delivery of a high quality service and to respond effectively and flexibly to changes in the business environment.
- Ability to be an effective change-agent with a capability to lead and influence others to positively challenge the status quo and promote innovation and new thinking within the business context.
- Develops and maintains a positive image of the organisation, acting as an excellent ambassador.
- Ability to influence at all levels to ensure business objectives are met.
For an informal discussion call Gerry May at Forde May Consulting Ltd on +44 (0)28 9062 8877. To apply please request an information pack from Forde May Consulting by emailing email@example.com (Click APPLY).
The closing date for applications is Monday 16th July 2018.