Coillte is a profitable, commercial semi-state company which comprises three main businesses: Forestry, Land Solutions and Medite Smartply. Headquartered in Newtownmountkennedy, Co. Wicklow, Coillte has responsibility for 7% of Ireland’s land which amounts to 440,000 Hectares. Building upon its three main business areas, the company has embarked on an ambitious strategy development program which will deliver significant benefits for Ireland.
Coillte’s Land Solutions division is primarily focused on developing an active portfolio of commercial assets that enable strategic developments in areas such as renewable energy, tourism, residential property and infrastructure. In recent years, Coillte has developed four Wind Energy facilities which collectively generate 300MW of renewable power.
To support the continued development of its Land Solutions division, Coillte is seeking to appoint a Planning Manager. The appointed person will manage all planning related activities for Coillte Land Solutions, including Residential, Commercial and Renewable Energy developments.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy & Innovation, the Planning Manager will work across the Land Solutions division to successfully deliver planning solutions to enable the achievement of strategic goals. The appointed person will have a significant and broad track record in planning underpinned by a strong understanding of relevant processes, policies and environmental considerations.
- Define and deliver robust planning strategies and policies to aid the successful, timely and cost-effective delivery of projects that can be commercialised within Coillte Land Solutions;
- Drive excellence in the quality of all submissions and planning applications made within the statutory planning system;
- Input into the procurement of third party consultants wherever necessary;
- Maintain a strategic oversight and audit key stages of specified planning applications and Environmental Impact Statements;
- Identify, monitor and manage key milestones, risk and deliverables;
- Represent Coillte on the Irish Wind Energy Association (IWEA) Planning Committee and relevant Industry Bodies;
- Input into Communications Strategies, Plans and Programmes to ensure consistency of approach and compliance with planning legislation etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of HETAC Level 8 qualification in Planning or other related discipline;
- Minimum of 8-10 years post-graduation experience in a town planning role;
- Corporate/Chartered Member of the IPI and/or the RTPI preferable;
- Expert knowledge and experience of the Irish planning system, its nature and its processes;
- Strong Project Management skills and experience having undertaken post-graduate training in this area.
To apply, please email a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to: Luke.Freeley@lansdownesearch.ie - click APPLY above.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Monday, 16th July 2018
For a confidential discussion, please contact Luke Freeley: +353 1 534 5115
Candidates for this post will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes.