Senior Portfolio Manager
Coillte is a profitable, commercial semi-state company which comprises three main businesses: Forestry, Land Solutions and Medite Smartply. Headquartered in Newtownmountkennedy, Co. Wicklow, Coillte has responsibility for 7% of Ireland’s land which amounts to 440,000 Hectares. Building upon its three main business areas, the company has embarked on an ambitious strategy development program which will deliver significant benefits for Ireland.
Coillte’s Land Solutions division is primarily focused on developing an active portfolio of commercial assets that enable strategic developments in areas such as renewable energy, tourism, residential property and infrastructure. In recent years, Coillte has developed four Wind Energy facilities which collectively generate 300MW of renewable power.
Senior Portfolio Manager:
To support the continued development of its Land Solutions division, Coillte is seeking to appoint a Senior Portfolio Manager. The appointed person will manage the delivery of Coillte’s portfolio of Renewable Energy developments. The Senior Portfolio Manager will be responsible for all elements of projects including initial concept development, budgeting and commercial negotiations, through to development and commissioning.
Reporting to the Head of Renewable Energy, the Senior Portfolio Manager will lead a team of Development Managers who will be tasked with managing individual projects. The development team will work closely with a breadth of stakeholders including resource analysts, technology suppliers, financiers, consultants/contractors, and in some cases joint-venture partners. The appointed person will have a significant track record in a relevant area that will ideally include exposure to renewable energy projects.
- End-to-end delivery of a portfolio of renewable energy projects throughout the development, commercial (route to market, procurement, funding) and construction phases;
- Preparation and presentation of business case proposals for individual projects, as part of the Capital Budget Approvals process;
- Leadership and management of a team of Development Managers and Technical Specialists to deliver portfolio of projects;
- Contribution to refinement and execution of the Renewable Energy business strategy;
- Advising on renewable energy policy and market framework consultations;
- Representing Coillte’s Renewable Energy business through participation in key industry forums.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Third level qualification to HETAC Level 8 in relevant discipline;
- 7+ years’ experience in large scale programme management in an infrastructure environment, including:
- Experience of managing a portfolio of projects from planning, commercial procurement, financing, construction and commissioning;
- In-depth understanding of key elements of the renewable energy market, including:
- resource assessment, and technology selection processes along with competency in the strategic site selection processes;
- Strong commercial, leadership and stakeholder management track record;
- Experience of managing diverse stakeholders/service providers/partners.
To apply, please email a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to: Luke.Freeley@lansdownesearch.ie - click APPLY above.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Monday, 16th July 2018
For a confidential discussion, please contact Luke Freeley: +353 1 534 5115
Candidates for this post will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes