Human Resources Manager
Highfield Healthcare incorporates Highfield Hospital and Hampstead Clinic Services registered by the Mental Health Commission (MHC) and Nursing Home Services including the Alzheimer Care Centre registered by the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA).
Highfield Healthcare is a leading provider of acute and specialist mental health services provided in a modern adult psychiatric hospital with superior facilities built in 2012. The campus is in Whitehall Dublin 9, adjacent to major public and private transport routes.
As part of the organisation’s strategic development plan and in line with the continuing development in services, we will commission a new and highly innovative specialist rehabilitation recovery programme in October 2018.
Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the CEO and enjoying Senior Management Team (SMT) level status, this role is central to the success of ongoing and planned service developments at Highfield Healthcare. This position provides an excellent career enhancing opportunity for an ambitious, experienced and well-rounded HR professional who can demonstrate a track record of strategic and operational excellence and who has an appropriate understanding and/or exposure to private healthcare and, ideally, Irish mental health services.
Importantly, the HR Manager is expected to be proactive in relation to formulating and implementing an appropriate HR strategy to deliver results in all areas and particularly in relation to staff recruitment, retention, development and turnover.
The successful candidate will be confident in their professional HR practice and knowledge, highly competent in their understanding of healthcare management, credible in their dealings with staff at all levels, capable of dealing with a high volume of challenging work and willing and able to deliver at the differing levels within the role.
The post holder will require the HR and IT skills and acumen to lead, champion and deliver, along with the Head of Finance and Head of IT, further enhancements to an integrated HRIS to improve the quality and availability of staffing data and to streamline processes for the SMT and Board.
The HR Manager would be required to
- Be fully CIPD qualified, ideally with a primary degree (level 8) and/or post graduate (level 9) qualification in HRM and good current employment law knowledge
- Have recent relevant Irish healthcare HR experience in a hospital or residential setting across all HR functions including training and HRIS management, compliance with HIQA and/or MHC standards and regulations
- Have sound and current knowledge of and a track record of delivering on HR best practice.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and proven written and verbal communication abilities with the ability to work on own initiative, coach, influence and mentor senior staff colleagues, prioritise and manage a number of issues simultaneously while ensuring attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, champion and deliver on a number of HR projects which will run concurrently with the day to day work of the department, all with competing deadlines
- Demonstrate an attitude to work that will encourage positivity, flexibility and attention to detail in all service provided to staff and to external contacts.
An attractive and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with the level of the role, is offered. Full details and a full job description are available on request.
Informal enquiries are invited and should be directed to Katherina McCaul on 087 2907442 or to firstname.lastname@example.org (Click APPLY). Your application, which should include a CV and letter of application, should be made by Friday 27 July 2018.