Manager Internal Audit
Our client, a leading Irish PLC, is seeking to recruit a Group Internal Audit Manager to be based in their Chicago offices.
This is an ideal opportunity for an Irish based Internal Auditor who is looking to live the dream in Chicago for a few years.
It is a permanent position which will report to the Senior Internal Audit Manager who is based in Dublin Corporate Offices. This Group Internal Audit Manager position will be expected to play a leading role in the delivery of the Internal Audit plan and in driving regulatory and Group policy compliance across the organization.
Key Elements of the Role
- Leading and managing business unit reviews/audits in accordance with the Group Internal Audit plan.
- Managing the local audit team resources in Chicago in the delivery of individual engagements and in their performance development plans.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the Group’s operations to identify and monitor the key risks facing the Group.
- Presenting findings to local management and, when appropriate, negotiating changes to existing procedures.
- Key Internal Audit point of contact for US Business Unit engagement.
- Performing ad-hoc special projects as directed by the Group Head of Internal Audit and/or Senior IA Manager
Skills, Knowledge and Experienc
- Higher Level degree in relevant discipline: Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, or CIA
- 5+ years’ post qualification experience gained in an internal audit or similar role
- Comprehensive understanding of risk and internal controls.
- Good commercial acumen and well-developed IT skills.
- Excellent people management skills and a proven ability to deliver in a collaborative and diverse work environment with colleagues in multiple locations.
- The ability to work at times in an autonomous fashion, and comfortable with the required flexibility of reporting to HQ in Ireland from a US base.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful, well run Irish PLC. As with any Internal Audit roles there will be travel to other sites/countries, but this is most certainly not excessive.