Business Unit Manager
Looking for an experienced Business Unit Manager to take responsibility for the overall operation of a Business Unit in a highly successful Medical Device company in Galway.
- Set the Business Unit goals that support current business objectives.
- Drive and meet the KPIs of the Business Unit.
- Determine appropriate staff levels and hire staff as required.
- Establish and maintain good employee relations in line with Company Policy.
- Drive an environment of Business Excellence.
- Manage and monitor department budgets through monthly sales and cost reviews leading to the continued improvement of operating margins.
- Build and refine cost models that best attract profitable business when necessary.
- Position the customer at the centre of all activities to avail of commercial opportunities -- lead time, price, special requirements.
- Develop close links with both internal and external customers such as Regulatory Affairs, Sales Personnel and sales organisations.
- Lead and develop the team in communication, team development, career development, motivation and skills.
- Lead cross-functional teams in identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Ensure department adherence to regulatory and GMP requirements.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a third level qualification in Engineering, Business, Science or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in a similar environment, of which at least 3 years related experience at middle management level.
- Demonstrated aptitude for process improvement and use of Lean and Six-Sigma resources and tools. (Green Belt certification or higher is desirable).
- Possess strong analytical skills and solution-driven thinking.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, oracle and other applicable tools.
- Working knowledge of the necessary Regulatory Requirements.
- Understanding of supply chain processes.
- Flexibility to work within different shift patterns is essential.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Click APPLY) or call me on 091 455 300 to find out more.