Head of Data Services
Sigmar Recruitment have a great role available for a Head of Data Services with a global financial services organsiation.
The Head of Data Services is a member of the Senior Leadership team and is responsible for all Data Architecture and Engineering activities across multiple locations, ingesting data from across the business, transforming and then managing that data for onwards use in a variety of Analytics and Data Science scenarios. This vitally important role is accountable for multiple aspects of the success of the company and encompasses a number of challenging and rewarding focus areas.
- Provide vision and thought leadership in the design, development and implementation of scalable cloud-based architecture for data movement and warehousing, business intelligence and analytical systems.
- Evengelise the adoption of new data ingestion and wrangling technologies in use across the organisation and lead the technical and organisational transition to advanced data movement and management techniques.
- Develop the data engineering capability that powers the data processing for the company's analytics products and Data Science offerings by providing technical leadership and guiding career development for the data services teams across locations in Dublin and Krakow.
- Define and lead the deployment of a stakeholder-aligned strategic roadmap for Data Services and provide stakeholders with actionable, reliable and timely data, to enable the delivery of data-driven products and capabilities.
- Lead the establishment of structured operational support activities for Data Services, guiding process development and managing transition to new support methods and teams.
- Manage key data infrastructure including data warehouse, pipeline, and data integration technologies.
- Enhance Data Governance practices across the organisation to exceed legal and regulatory requirements
What you will need:
- Experienced in relationship management and in leading engagements with senior stakeholders to the highest levels of a multi-national corporation.
- Eager to collaborate with technical and wider business colleagues on the delivery of data and analytics solutions.
- Visible as an industry thought leader inside and outside the company.
- Someone with exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to interact at all levels within a diverse global organisation.
- Able to interact and exert influence with all business and IT areas and leadership levels; especially Information Security, Data Scientists, Application Development and Infrastructure teams.
- Deep experience of 10+ years in Data Architecture/ warehousing Information Management /; delivering enterprise-class, commercial and scalable data products / services.
- Broad exposure to data tools and technologies relational database, data warehouse, data lake, and other data storage, retrieval, modelling, and analysis technologies.
- Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to achieving business outcomes.
- Data modelling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level.
- Understanding of industry data privacy concerns, practices and control systems.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
To apply for this role or for more information, please contact Claire (click APPLY) or alternatively call +35314744637
Apply for Head of Data Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly