Head of Quality Enhancement & Innovation in Teaching & Learning
Founded in 1975, Dublin Business School (DBS) is Ireland’s largest independent third-level college and provides a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, executive and professional programmes. The College is part of Kaplan Inc., the education division of The Graham Holdings Company and a leading international provider of higher education, professional development and lifelong learning programmes. As part of its continued development, DBS is now seeking an exceptional educational professional with the capability, vision and leadership skills to help oversee the future direction of the College.
DBS operates a college comprising different educational disciplines across Business, ICT, Humanities, Law and Arts, as well as a suite of professional accountancy courses and professional development diplomas. The role of Head of Quality Enhancement & Innovation in Teaching & Learning is to lead the evolution of teaching delivery through the adoption of digital technology and the introduction of innovation to the learning environment. He/she will be a key member of the senior academic management at DBS.
You will possess a strong appreciation of the requirements of a private educational institution as well as a passion for transforming how education is delivered. Excellent organisational, change management, customer service, and communication skills are a prerequisite for this role.
The post holder will possess the following essential attributes.
- Qualified to Doctorate level or equivalent, or well advanced in Doctoral studies.
- At least 5 years proven academic expertise & an employment background in higher education.
- An understanding of the opportunities to be derived from the use of learning analytics and other data driven approaches to learning enhancement and quality assessment.
- A record of change management, strong leadership skills and an ability to achieve results through others.
- A record of leading and implementing innovation in teaching and learning and designing services to meet the diverse needs of students and the academic environment.
- Experience in collaborative working with external organisations at a senior level.
- An understanding of academic regulations.
- An empathy with the needs of students, both first-time college students and part-time students.
The following are the desirable attributes for this role
- Experience of a similar role in a higher education context.
- A working knowledge of the Moodle learning environment or a similar online learning platform.
- Commercial acumen.
This challenging role provides the opportunity to work with one of the world’s largest and most diverse education providers. Remuneration for this role will reﬂect the seniority of the post. Further details on this significant opportunity, including remuneration, duties and responsibilities, are available upon request.
JOB LOCATION: Dublin
To apply, please email a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org - click APPLY.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Seán at + 353 (0) 87 7961062
Candidates for this post will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes.
CLOSING DATE OF CAMPAIGN: Friday 15th June 2018
Apply for Head of Quality Enhancement & Innovation in Teaching & Learning
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly